JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Curious how long it'll take you to get to Level 10?

@JR_Curley, wow nice calculation.

I have simple one for me.

I also not much in edits, I do photo uploads and reviews.

So here is my plan - I tried this 2 weeks back it worked 🙂

1. One weekend in every month I will take my smartphone, my moped and will be out for my own photo drive.

2. I will try to get at least 300 photos in my area, this is very much achievable, right?.    

3. So every month you will earn 1500 "additional" points

4. I said "additional", because,  I will be doing my regular uploads and review as and when possible.

5. Currently I am around 16000, So to reach level 10 I will required ~3 years

6. So ultimately my target to reach level 10 is by Year 2022.

What say ?

🙂 🙂  🙂 

Level 9

@KarenVChin, I think Level 9 is 50,000 points, so you'll have to redo your calculations. 

I'm 25,147 points from level 9. So I'll need to average 83 points per day (combination of 16 pics/reviews) for the next 10 months to reach level 9 by Summit 2018.

That is assuming,

1) there is another summit, 

2) I make it to the summit,

3) I'm not sure when the summit submission deadline

4) What will be the level requirement for the next summit (Level 10?) 

Either way, I have 10 months to double my points that took me 2 years to hit. I see a lot of Level 10 LGs have 5000+ photos, I'm at 1600, so I have a ways to catch up. 

Level 9

@JeanRV, Wow! 20,000 points in 3 months, that's impressive, I'm at 25,000 points in 2 years. Don't think I can get to Level 9 in 3 months. 

Level 9

@Neminath, I like your idea of a monthly photo drive. Like @KarenVChin, I'm trying to focus on Level 9 for now. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for correcting me @AlexPssn! So I need 32,000 points, instead of your 25,147 points, by Summit 18, instead of 18,000, to reach Level 9.

If I redo my math calculations:

3,200 points / month or 107 points / 30 Day month cycle if Summit 18 is in October and my clock starts to click Jan 1, 2018. 

Which could still be per day:

2 - 200+ character reviews - 10 points each 

5 Photos per review - 25 points each

rate the place - 1 point each

—————————-

36 points 

+ Answer auto questions - 10 questions each  - 10 points

——————————

46 points per review x 2 review = 92 points

Then Answer “Check the Facts” questions, Answer Q&A questions, and/ or edit (for me to add a new place is extremely rare because of where I live) will give me the extra 15 points/day

= 107 points. 

The secret sauce is Answer the Q&A questions because they are 3 points each IMHO and you can easily do that anywhere. I don’t have the patience for video taking / uploading.

Cheers,

Karen

@AlexPssn wrote:

@KarenVChin, I think Level 9 is 50,000 points, so you'll have to redo your calculations. 

I'm 25,147 points from level 9. So I'll need to average 83 points per day (combination of 16 pics/reviews) for the next 10 months to reach level 9 by Summit 2018.

That is assuming,

1) there is another summit, 

2) I make it to the summit,

3) I'm not sure when the summit submission deadline

4) What will be the level requirement for the next summit (Level 10?) 

Either way, I have 10 months to double my points that took me 2 years to hit. I see a lot of Level 10 LGs have 5000+ photos, I'm at 1600, so I have a ways to catch up. 

Level 10

Someone reached this goal in just some months. It's not impossible.

I'm not here, as you, to reach LVL10, but to help other choice at my best.

Anyway I think that actually, with around 200 points a day, and more than 68000 points, i could reach LVL 10 in around 160 days, so will be somewhere before the next summer 🙂

Level 8

Yes i agree with looking at it step by step and letting the passion to post win out over making a next level. But seems you guys have math down perhaps you can offer a paid service to help others see how they could go about it lol. Good work happy the post was unlocked!

Courtenay Veenis
Level 8

A long long time

Level 8

"Reviews alone with more than 200 characters are 10 points"

So that's why I got 500+ points all of a sudden.  Good to know. 

Speaking of level. I'll never be able to reach Level 10.   😉 

Level 8

Hi @JR_Curley,

Some minor points:

1.  Before we Review, we need to Rate.  So actually we got 6 points for each review done.

2.  Similarly, for each Long Reviews done, we got 11 points.

3.  Answer Questions will got us 1 points per questions.  It seems to me there are unlimited questions available for each place ...

4.  Post an reply to Q&A got us 3 points.  We will got a prompt to post reply for Places we "touched".  Thus "touching" more Places will give us more leads.

Adding new places, sometimes needs to monitor Maps more closely.  Because from time to time, there are new Categories for our region, so that we have new Places to add.  Sometimes there are new interpretations to Mapping Rules, thus there are new Editing opportunities.  Another good source of Points are 360 photos.  Find some hiking trials / walking pathes that are not covered.  Following the suggested 3 to 5 meters per shot, we just need to walk 60000-100000 meters.

As always, if we keep counting the points while we contribute, it will take forever.  When we focus on the contributions, we will reach the milestones unexpectedly.