Hello my dear friends,

@Gio51x

@Rezgar

@Victoria@victoriav

@NadyaPN

@EmekaUlor

@TorM

@FaridTDF

Today I would like to tell you about some interesting destinations on the island Crete,which I visited 2years ago.

The island of Crete is suitable for those who want to enjoy the sea and the sun and feel the special atmosphere of the island.There is sun 300 days a year.Crowded and secluded coves and beaches.There are 4 main regions----Chania,Rethymnon,Heraklion and Lasithi.Chania and Rethymno are the most beautiful cities of the island.The Venetian port in Chania is considered to be one of the most beautiful places.

SL706339.JPG20150713_133239.jpg  

Heraklion is a busy city,but here has its attractions---the Palace of Knossos and Archaeological Museum---the unique monuments of the Minoan era.

20150715_121847.jpgSL706383.JPGSL706361.JPG    

Crete is considered the cradle of European civilization.The old town of Chania is a real gem.It draws old Venetian buildings,the medieval portalvision here you can walk,sit in a cafe on the waterfront.In 1645, Chania was captured by the Turks,it was the capital until 1972.It is worth visiting The Maritime Museum,the city Park, the Church of St. Nicholas., Venetian port, covered market.

20150713_132851.jpg20150713_133307.jpg  

The interesting city of Rethymnon-here you can get acquainted with the architectural heritage of the Ottoman era.should potrebovat trout in one of the numerous taverns on the beach and also stockli Argyroupoli.Visit the Arkadi monastery. Unusually beautiful resort in the mountainous village of Bali, picturesque bays, mountain scenery-will not leave anyone indifferent.Preveli beach is the most beautiful on the island.

20150713_163127.jpg20150713_170723.jpg20150713_171459.jpgSL706313.JPGSL706314.JPGSL706344.JPG  

Matala is one of the most popular resorts on the island.It's the unofficial capital of the hippies.Here are preserved ancient caves, which were used in ancient times as a place for housing and burial.They are located by a wall near the beach.In 1960 it was a favourite hippie settle in these caves.Later they were taken under state protection.

Matala.Matala.Matala.Matala.Matala.Matala.SL706503.JPG  

I think this island is worth to visit somewhere.)

20150710_172751.jpg20150716_160556.jpgOlive treesOlive treesEarly in the morningEarly in the morningso clear seaso clear seaNice viewNice viewRent apartmentwild flowerswild flowersGreek villageGreek villageTravelling over the islandTravelling over the islandbetween Iraklion and Matalabetween Iraklion and Matala

Crète, Греция
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Crete-amazine island.

wow!!!!
Great post with amazing photos Dear Lady @helga19 
Thank you for sharing

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

@helga19 here's another great post and beautiful guide to this amazing "amazine" Island. The water and landscape looks quite thrilling. Your photos are pro too, the Matala especially.I love the intertwining city and waterfront. 

I link your pink dress and the nice car. Is that a fiat? 

The geography is quite interesting to me. I see some areas have viable souls with vegetation, others have solid dey crust. 

Thank you sharing.

Xoxo

Emeka 

Connect Moderator

Hermosas Fotos las que compartiste @helga19, yo estuve por alli en enero del 2016 pero no pude hacer el recorrido que tú realizaste, quizás en otra oportunidad. Solamente visite las ruinas, que en si es único por lo que representa a nivel histórico y cultural.

733C26CE-631F-4971-9321-907A4BFAACE9.jpeg

4541876D-F658-4CB6-B7EA-A0404C8ADD3F.jpeg

ED77E262-0C71-4D60-8A2A-22A0FC45D6F2.jpeg

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper left part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 9

Really a nice post, amazing photos, thank you @helga19 for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @helga19,

Crete is definitely on my list. I love Greek islands and can't wait to explore some more of them. Thanks for sharing all of this!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you @EmekaUlor

We rent a car Fiat and drive along seacoast and from Iraklion to Matala ,from north to south.It was pleasant and interesting journey

Level 9

Thank you @FaridTDF

Sure, Iraklion is cultural and hictoric center of Crete.