RonaSoria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Creating a workshop about encouraging millennial to be a Local Guide

How to make this work?

Hi everyone! My name is Ron. I want to conduct a workshop which focuses on encouraging teenagers or millennials to be part of the Local Guide community. I want to share my knowledge to them. I want to share my thoughts about this mapping thing. I want to teach them how to add missing places and information of a certain place on Google Maps. 

Here are some contraries to my plan, I don't have any support from the government or any organization. I wish that I can visit the Google branch here in the Philippines. If I have enough money, I could already make some of them as a Local Guide. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. 

ronasoria-PH
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Creating a workshop about encouraging millennial to be a Local Guide

Hi @RonJofellSoria,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Your initiative would be welcomed by the community!

In order to get to that direction, please feel free to create a Meet-up.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hello @RonaSoria, sounds like a great plan. Setting up a meetup, as SonnyNG mentioned is indeed the best way, I guess.

One other remark, as you mention bringing teenagers 'on board'... there is a minimum age for being a local guide, set by Google: 18 years.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply

That is a really important remark, @JanVanHaver.

Indeed, please make sure to follow the Local Guides rules, as participants a required to be minimum 18 years old. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 6

Hi! I appreciate your comment. Well, the things that I want to teach them are the following (I have already some plans):

- How to add missing places.

- How to give their own (experienced) review/s.

- How to rate a place.

- How to find perfect angles to create better pictures.

- How to inquire properly about the place on its owner.

- How to deal with wrong information about a specific place.

Is there anything you want to add? Don't hesitate to reply. 

ronasoria-PH
Level 6

I have read the terms and conditions. 

Hi @JanVanHaver! Yup! I have read every single protocols/standards that Google implemented in able to become a Local Guide. First and foremost, I want them to learn some basic things that they must know about Google Maps. I'll certainly teach them how to contribute on Google Maps for them to earn badges and levels. As they continue to contribute, they'll surely be emailed by Google that they're invited to a summit. 

Should I teach people whose age are 18 and above? 

ronasoria-PH

It is a great plan indeed, @RonJofellSoria!

However, it would be really important to follow the guidelines.

Follow up to that, it is mandatory for you to be 18 and over to be in the Local Guides program. 

We would like to ask you to exit Local Guides program.

Please be assured that when you get to the appropriate age, you can come back and continue your plans.

Thank you!
Level 8

سلام ران عزیز، کار شما گام بلندی خواهد بود، و این تجربه را با چند نفر بصورت آموزشی کار کرده ام، و آنها پس از آشنایی با شرایط و مقررات گوگل مپ، خشنود بودند، اما دو نفر کار خود را به عنوان راهنما ادامه دادند، یکی از چالش های من آموزش عکاسی با شرایط گوگل مپ بود، چالشی سخت اما باعث خوشحالی من بود و لذت بخش

Farshid Aghamali
Level 6

Misunderstood my statement

@sonnyNg You have misunderstood me. I am already 19. I just asked you if I must teach people whose age is 18 and above or otherwise. My thought here is that I can also teach people whose age is lower than 18, so that in the future they can use it on Google Maps. I can teach basic informations or details to those whose age is lower than the "required age". 

ronasoria-PH