Sarma's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Correcting the Village boundary lines in Map

The village boundaries of my home is offset by almost sevelral kilometers.

I have raised a feedback from maps-app.

any otherway to submit the correct boundaries? this being a remote village in eastern india, not sure how it is mapped by the google team.

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Correcting the Village boundary lines in Map

Hi @Sarma,

Welcome to Connect.

There are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township - Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below: Find the location in question on the map.

Maps.pngClick the hamburger icon ☰ Click Send feedback => Choose your relevant feedback.

In addition, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Sarma,

Welcome to Connect.

There are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township - Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below: Find the location in question on the map.

Maps.pngClick the hamburger icon ☰ Click Send feedback => Choose your relevant feedback.

In addition, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 5

i did report it as inaccurate already, hope someone at google looks at it and makes the necessary changes.

but i doubt the people there will have geographic / revenue boundary information for such small township in remote india 🙂