cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Correct reason when flagging a photo?

Options when flagging photosOptions when flagging photos

I encounter a photo having website and company name in the watermark

What should be the correct reason when trying to flag that photo?

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Correct reason when flagging a photo?

Hello @YK1001, my apologies for taking so long to get to this! I missed it somehow. 

Is the main subject in the photo relevant to the POI? If it is not, I'd select "Content is not relevant". And if it is, and with the contact details of the company, the best option would be "Poor quality photo". This article may be a good guideline though it does not include every option you were given on aGMM. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @FaridTDF,

While writing this post in my Android Chrome, I can browse the contents by touch pulling and push on the text box after a photo is added.

The scroll bar is only visible when I am trying to scroll.

Connect Moderator

O sea que el problema de la barra de desplazamiento adentro del from del Post es en smartphone y tabletas, gracias por el comentario @YK1001

Level 8

Hi @JeslynL,

Would you please help to check what should I choose when wanting to flag photos having web links, phone, email overlayed?

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @YK1001, my apologies for taking so long to get to this! I missed it somehow. 

Is the main subject in the photo relevant to the POI? If it is not, I'd select "Content is not relevant". And if it is, and with the contact details of the company, the best option would be "Poor quality photo". This article may be a good guideline though it does not include every option you were given on aGMM. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Thank you very much, @JeslynL!

I know what to do now.

Level 9

I reviewed hundreds of photos at the popular Siesta Beach in Florida. I marked irrelevant hefty car photos (the car dominating the photo to 80%), selfies where the background are futile. Kept

@YK1001 wrote:

Options when flagging photosOptions when flagging photos

I encounter a photo having website and company name in the watermark

What should be the correct reason when trying to flag that photo?

although photos showing people enjoying the beach. Then there are photos seemingly published to the wrong place by mistake like several photos of a Portugal cathedral. I miss an option in the list of flag reasons where I could propose to the moderator not to remove the photo but move to the correct spot. The publisher itself lacks the possibility to move the own photo from one spot to the correct one. I reported a photo which was entirely missing. Immediately came back a canned answer with instructions the info was not enough for decision, I shoud center the red square on the problematic spot. Obviously unnecessary automatic answer. The problem is it did not contained the link I reported, so I can not complete my report, I am scrutinizing hundreds of sites, forgot where this dead photo link was. The canned answer should contain reference link.