ilialexanderson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Converting google image views

Greetings people, I've been a local guide for a long time, and been randomly uploading hundreds of quality images of numerous locations I travel to. 

The views rack up into the thousands, and the selfish part of me is thinking that it's such a wasted statistic. Is there any way to link social media or convert this views into a following/clientele or in any other way make use of this audience?

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Converting google image views

Hi @ilialexanderson

Welcome to Local Guides and Local Guides Connect!

Contributions to Google Maps must originate from a single Google account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts.

Even you can't convert/use points in Any other Accounts (Social Media, etc.)

Refer Local Guides Program Terms and Conditions for more information.

Hope this helps you.

Thank You

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Re: Converting google image views

@ilialexanderson greetings 🙂. Thanks for sharing this progressive thought

Photos shared by local guides on Google Maps are copy righted. While most of the stuff shared on social media is easily downloadable.

On maps, pictures are one most important tool to make cartography easier, useful & more interesting for all. Photos here, are confirmed to be authentic and have accurate location details. So, I feel that soon Google maps is also going to be a website boasting a massive treasure of photo collection and more people shall be visiting Maps instead of social media for viewing pictures of places.

This is not a website where we send photos just for appreciation of our photography skills and all. Primary purpose of photos here is to guide people about places and maps. At times, even a hurriedly taken, bit hazy photo can help someone as much as a masterpiece of photography. 

As of now, photos on maps are a kind of silent monologue; just watch & move forward. On the contrary, items shared on social media have multi-vocal ðŸ˜Ž responses which make things more interesting and informative.

I have not visited the pages of Google maps on social media but from your comment I can guess that our photos are not accessible to public through these pages. 

Some day maybe, these internet giants like to find ways for better interconnections with each other in broader public interest.. 🙂

Till then, along with Google Maps, you can try sharing your best shots on other photo websites like Instagram, Flickr, Wikipedia etc. And also don't forget to participate in photo competitions 🤗 🤩