ChamnanMuon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Convert Existing Places with Boundaries to POIs

Hi,

Previously I used Map Maker to draw shape fo place with boundary and now those places still exist that I cannot make any changes on, even putting the photos into. So, I think if possible those existing places (shapes/boundary) could be auto-generated into POIs (point of interests).

How do you think? Or as a Local Guide, I should add another new place (within the same name)?

Regards,

Chamnan

4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Convert Existing Places with Boundaries to POIs - Status changed to: Needs information

Hi @ChamnanMuon,

Thanks for providing us your idea. 

Regarding that, you were mentioning about creating polygons, correct? 

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on it? It would be really helpful if you may provide a screenshot on the step that you may think it could be implemented.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

Re: Convert Existing Places with Boundaries to POIs

Hi @sonnyNg! Yeah, it's polygon place. Pls check the screenshot below:Screenshot_20181219-124307.png

The school we cannot add photos or editThe school we cannot add photos or edit

So I think these kind of places it should be automatically coverted to the point of interest (e.g category: Sxhool) that allows Local Guides upload photos, edit the information etc.

Hope you get my point! Thanks 🙏!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ChamnanMuon,

Thank you kindly for providing such a clear explanation.

On this regard, please make sure to submit the inquiry for the change in the following instructions, as well as you may check this post on the same topic.

In the meantime, I have moved your post to How-tos, as I think it would be more handy for the community.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

I see. Thank for your sharing info (the existing post).