tareqt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Contribution problem in china

I am in China. Because of the country's central problem, I can not contribute to the Google Local Guide. Is there any solution  in this regard?

Yunnan Technology and Business University, Songming, Kunming, Yunnan, China
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Contribution problem in china

@tareqt Will suggest you to try your best to follow and abide by local laws when using connectivity and online services. Are you there for study, work or visit? How long term will it be? 

What kind of issues are you facing there with regards to contributions?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @tareqt,

Can you please be more specific? Is your problem related to Local Guides Connect or to Google Maps?  Local Guides Connect seems to be working fine in China.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@tareqt: Many Google products (including Maps) generally do not work in China. However, once you're outside of China, you should not have troubles contributing to points of interest. There is no official way to bypass these other than waiting until you're outside of China to contribute. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Former Google Contributor

Hi @tareqt,

As @Shirley and @RadieN advised you, in China you can participate in the Local Guides Connect program, but it is almost impossible to use Google as a whole, including Google Maps and contributing there.

By the way, I've noticed that your post have Chinese language label. Please note that I’ve removed it.

To learn more about those labels I recommend you to take a look at the following article How do I find posts in my preferred language?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!