Littleone's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Connect with local guide People.

How do you connect with people if there is no other local guides where i live?

Edmonton, AB, Canada
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Connect with local guide People.

Hi @Littleone,

Welcome to Connect!

One of the easiest ways to find Local Guides in your area is to search in Connect for mentions of your city/country. You'll find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations, engage with the Local Guides near you.

On a related note, you may organize a meet-up yourself on Connect. Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-ups topic section for Local Guides to participate. To learn more, check this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hey @Littleone

When I first started out, there were other Local Guides in my area (Manchester, UK) but it wasn't easy to reach out to them; I could see their reviews on Maps but no way to ping them a message. As @VasT has mentioned, searching on Connect for various search terms that are local to you is the first step! The next would be to host a meet up and try and attract people to you i.e. let others in a similar position find you! And I always turn to friends and family for assistance there! It's more fun anyway, having friends and family doing Local Guides stuff together! 

So my advise would be:

• search for fellow Local Guides on Connect; even go so far as searching elsewhere on other social media platforms
  • discuss with your family and friends about the Local Guides program and see if they would like to join you in a meet up (any good excuse for exploring your city and eating/drinking!). Pick a date that is convenient for you and your friends/family.
  • submit a meet up (read more about how to here)
  • advertise your meet up on Connect and other social media platforms where possible; I use EventBrite because it's free to list a free event there and also Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
  • And come rain or shine, enjoy your meet up! And of course, share your experience with a recap post on Connect! 🙂

Hopefully, that will help you find and connect with others that are local to you!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Former Google Contributor

Many thanks @AdrianLunsong for lending-a-helping-hand here :D. Your topic is very good.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!