TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Connect is growing and so is our Connect moderators group

Since launching Connect about four months ago, Local Guides from around the world have come here to make connections with Local Guides from their city or from around the world, to find answers to their frequently asked questions, and to share about what makes their city special. Here’s a look at how far we’ve come in this short period of time:

• ~69,000 members
  • ~13,000 discussion threads
  • ~50,000 total posts
  • ~78,000 kudos
  • ~2,000 solutions accepted

With all of this great activity, we’re excited to share that @YK1001 and @FaridTDF are now Connect Moderators. As a Connect Moderators, they will join Google moderators in helping to ensure Connect is a warm, welcoming and educational place for fellow Local Guides. Sampson will be joining @iyudhi as a Connect Moderator, overseeing all boards on Connect, and Farid will be overseeing the Spanish board.

Sampson & FaridSampson & Farid

Sampson is a very active Local Guide from Taipei, Taiwan and you may have seen his tutorials in Connect in both English and Chinese helping Local Guides from all over the world to make better contributions to Google Maps and here on Connect. Since joining Connect, Sampson has become one of the top Local Guides in the community, creating over 1,300 posts and receiving over 1,600 kudos!

Farid is also a very active Local Guide from Rio Grande, Argentina who also moderates two communities in Argentina, Buenos Aires and Tierra del Fuego. Since joining Connect, Farid is the top Local Guide on the Spanish board. He’s also quite popular across Connect, engaging with other Local Guides around the world, offering solutions and engaging in conversations no matter the language, creating over 470 posts and receiving over 560 kudos.

Please join us in congratulating, thanking and welcoming Sampson and Farid!

Farid & SampsonFarid & Sampson

Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Level 5 Local Guides who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm and welcoming place

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
67 comments
Level 2

Re: Connect is growing and so is our Connect moderators group

Congratulations, Sampson and Farid! This is amazing and we are so delighted to see two amazing Local Guides help us build this community as Connect Moderators 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

@YK1001 and @FaridTDF we are so happy to welcome you into these new roles 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Congrats @YK1001 and @FaridTDF and welcome!!! 😄

Level 10

Congratulations @YK1001 and @FaridTDF you deserve this honor and you will certainly do your best for Connect!

Lucio

Connect Moderator

Solamente tengo agradecimientos y en especial a dos personas a las cuales aprecio mucho profesionalmente y como personas, primero a Jose Schenone el LG, que me instó a que cree la comunidad de Tierra del Fuego y luego, el por un tema de salud me insta nuevamente a que lleve adelante la comunidad de Buenos Aires todo un desafío y responsabilidad que al principio me tenía muy intimidado.

Después cuando comencé a charlar en las Hangouts a Luis Rodriguez mi coordinador que siempre me indicó y aconsejo como hacer mejor algunas cosas en las comunidades, estás dos personas son las que de una u otra manera después me guiaron a que este en este Post hablando de ellos. 

Estoy convencido que Connect es la plataforma social que puede marcar una gran diferencia en cómo interactuar con otros, así que manos a la obra.  😀, gracias.

Level 8

Congratulation Sampson and Farid!

Level 10

Congratulations @YK1001 and @FaridTDF

Level 8

Thank you very much, @TraciC@BrynH@Corrie@iyudhi@LucioV@dirmawanhatta@AnuradhaP!

Congratulations to @FaridTDF and myself!

I am thrilled to be in the same group as Ivan and Farid.  Ivan's footsteps are everywhere in Connect that I benefited a lot by following.  Farid demonstrated language barrier is not a problem for LGs to connect with each other.  His lead allowed me to connect with more people.

They have set such a high standard and it will be always a moving target to keep up with!

Connect Moderator

Que lindas palabras @YK1001, gracias, para mí también es un honor que pueda formar parte de este gran equipo, y estar con dos personas tan profesionales y dedicadas como tú e @iyudhi, de los cuales aprendí el arte de la paciencia, tengo varias limitaciones, pero un gran optimismo frente a todo lo que se presenta. Y la firme convicción de que Connect, es la plataforma donde los LG haremos la diferencia en redes sociales. 👍😀🍀