NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Connect Summit

Hi, I am Nand Kishore Kumar and I am a proud level 9 local guide from India. My family lives in Ranchi (eastern part of india) and my work place is Mumbai (in the western part of iIndi). I work in a company which is having several offices throughout the country, from where I get regular opportunity to visit the different cities in the different parts of India. Wherever I used to go, I use google map for searching the amenities. This is how I also started to contribute on google map. It gives me joy while knowing that my contributions are helping millions of people in the day by day through Google map. I love clicking pictures & showing others the beautiful places that I have visited and sharing it along with writing reviews, answering questions about places I know and adding new places to Google Maps which are yet not available in map. As per me, whatever pictures or reviews we share on map, encourage a number of people to visit and witness the same. 

I see Google Maps as the ultimate guide to go to when travelling around the world. It could very well become the one-stop, go-to guide for all travelers, be it local or international, be it information about a local bus stop or any historical location. It can be extremely helpful to travelers.

On reaching level 7, I knew about Local Guides Connect and since then I am also contributing on connect. It’s a great platform for LG to connect and share the experience and new ideas. I also love to greet the new LG member and help them. There should be a discussion for making the community more easy-going as the using it on web is little messy. A dedicated app might be a good option.

I still have to learn many things share on how can we make our LG community 'connect' more better. I also want to learn that how my contribution can matter, not only to the daily users but also to the people who are not much using the maps like many Indians who are still not so advanced. Few more tips on topics like taking amazing photos, helping people with accessibility needs, and sharing discoveries.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Connect Summit

Hi @NandKK 🙂 

Very nice topic Thank you for sharing this topic with us

Tunisia Local Guides
Level 10

Re: Connect Summit

hi @NandKK,

Thanks for sharing your journey as Local guide. Very inspiring.

I will you all success,

John Peter