KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Connect Moderators Chat

@DhéèrajV, glad you enjoyed reading my post.

i would agree that Connect is a knowledge-based forum, but it is also a global friendship networking forum too. This forum is not like any Google product forum and was purposely created this way.

Great to see your 2018 goals here. I know @ErmesT & @FaridTDF will enjoy reading your future travel posts.

They like get new travel ideas and tips.

But I do need to point out that there are both MEN and a WOMAN in BLACK as your Connect Mods. = )

Cheers

Karen

@DhéèrajV wrote:

Meet your Connect Moderators, January 2018Meet your Connect Moderators, January 2018

Thanks for the post @KarenVChin

It's wonderful to see our MEN IN BLACK of LG Connect @Csaba @ErmesT @iyudhi @FaridMonti @LudwigGermany @PaulPavlinovich @IlankovanT @Flash

I had no idea of LG connect community before 2017, I just like adding my reviews and photos on Google Maps. Then I got a mail to join LG connect community.

And honestly it took me time to understand about the working of this forum because it is process oriented (as per my thinking).

It is not like other social community where you post whatever you want in the name of entainment.

It's moreover a knowledge sharing platform. Now slowly and steady I am able to involve in this forum and increase my knowledge.

My 2018 Local Guides Goals

First to reach at level 8. 

Second reading books on Travel (any suggestion most welcome)

I will write some interesting post about the unique places I have visited.

And last but not least to engage myself in meet-ups.

--

Regads

Dheeraj

Level 8

Dear @KarenVChin

Thank you for acknowledging my post. I would like to tell you the reason behind my MEN in BLACK terminology wrt to connect mods. It's only because I am a huge fan of Hollywood science fiction and superheros movies since my childhood. So the tag was not in reference to any gender but just what I recalled with my memory. 

For me men and women are equally important. And I feel women have more intellect than men. Go girl power !.

It's just the Hollywood movies which may have influenced my way of writing 🙂

By the way I am eagerly waiting for Black Panther release in India and I hope you can bear with some Hollywood movie enthusiastic LG members 😛

--

Regards 

Dheeraj

Level 8

Thank you for your acknowledgement and inspiration @ErmesT

I will soon tag you with one of my post. 

Level 7

Great style  in the board of moderator connect..

I love it @KarenVChin @FaridTDF @ErmesT congrate for 2nd time 😄

Connect Moderator

Thanks for popping in the photo @MariaBi I know that was driving @KarenVChin just a little bid mad 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @DhéèrajV don't worry mate, Men are simply abbreviated WoMen :).

Jokes aside, the reality is that we're all human, and all equal especially in Local Guides when literally anyone can join in and be a successful Local Guide no matter what their sex, race, religion or other factors. Everyone is welcome and everyone has the exact same opportunity to make amazing contributions.

Regards Paul

Level 8

so nice photos.....

MaxMaz08
Level 10

thank you @KarenVChin for sharing this amazing post!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 8
Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich Paul, hope is well with your wife. You had me worries reading your post.

While Google Maps and Local Guides are important, please stay focused on what's most important right now: family, friends, health and well being. While we LGs will be more successful with you, this is a "hinge moment" for you - doors open and close in these moments. Wish you and you wife the best, and a speedy recovery for her. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @ele she's had a surgery, it will take her some weeks to recover fully and while I am at home from work to help look after her, if I hang around continuously it would drive her crazy. She lets me know when she needs something (usually via hangouts lol).

Regards Paul