MiaMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Connect Live recap

Hi guys 🤗

one week ago the Connect Live event startet at exactly 3pm in San Francisco! Time flew by so fast and now that I'm back in Germany I feel like I was so overwhelmed by everything that I didn't enjoy it enough because it was just awesome! I guess thats due to  the fact that the whole event was amazing and I didn't want it to be over!

To let all of you that weren't there feel as if you were, I now want to share some pictures and information!

On the first day, everybody was meeting up. We had a big conference hall and 151 people from 59 countries started to get to know each other. Obviously some people already knew each other but for the rest of the first-year-attendees I guess the whole experience must have been very impressive and overwhelming. At least it was for me. 

There were so many things to discover! Everybody was supposed to take a picture of themselves with an instax mini camera and put it on a huge globe (to see where everybody was from).

A lot of people gave out small gifts from their country, I received a lot, have a look:

small giftssmall gifts

We could paint stones and were supposed to put the hashtag #localguides on it and hide the stone somewhere in the room. That was really funny because after a while there were stones everywhere!

Also we could take a little paper plane out of a bag and try throwing it through one of the holes in a partition (is that the right word for it?) (I can't describe it better, sorry!!)

Another highlight was that we could write postcards with the Connect Live picture on it! Google will put stamps on them and hopefully they will all arrive safely at the recipients 🙂

Apart from all these activities we could sit down, eat and drink and just get to know each other! That was really exciting!

That was basically the first day! After the official end everybody who wanted had the possibility to hang out in the Local Guides Lounges and sit together or play games!

The following days we had a keynote, sessions for brainstorming and giving feedback, some free time to explore San Francisco and dinner parties! Here are some impressions:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 10.31.16.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 10.32.08.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 10.32.53.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-10-23 um 10.33.04.pngfortune cookies :)fortune cookies 🙂

I can't even describe everything because it was so much! I have to say these 2,5 days were AMAZING! The whole event was organised so well and the chance to attend was an honour. I met so many inspiring people and now that I'm back I'm very motivated to contribute even more than I did before!

I hope I could give you the chance to get some impressions 🙂

Thanks again to everybody that helped create this amazing event @TraciC @MaxNYC @JuanCh @Christina-NYC @brittym and all of you whose connect names I don't know. Feel adressed, too!

@OSAMA here are some more impressions 🙂 feel free to tag more people!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
San Francisco, Kalifornien, USA
43 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Connect Live recap

Hey @MiaMaria,

Looks that you had a really good time at the Connect Live event. Thanks for sharing with us the recap. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MiaMaria,

Excellent, glad to hear you had a brilliant time! Savor the memories. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

It is tremendous impressions!

Dear @MiaMaria thank you that you share your expierence and impressions with us!

You  describe this event so colorful and in detail. As for me it is very interesting to read your post.

I think you have a great inspiration from Connect Live.

Best wishes,

Inga

Former Google Contributor

@MiaMaria An excellent recap. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself! We just called the airplane game an "airplane toss." ✈️ We're glad everyone enjoyed that game!

Level 9

@brittym @helga19 @AlexaAC @Ivi_Ge thanks so much for your comments! The event really was amazing! 

🙂

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

Really fantastic recap @MiaMaria 

You express your emotions and excitement very well by your words. The local guides like me who couldn't attend connect live this year, these recaps are very important for us.  

Thank you for share with us. 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@MiaMaria thank you for posting this account of your experience.  Was a good read and conveyed a lot of interesting information.

Level 10

Level 10

Cảm ơn @MiaMaria đã chia sẻ, chúc mừng bạn đã được tham dự Hội nghị 2018 và đã thành công tốt đẹp.