PriyankaU's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Connect Live experience

Before the recap let's go in the past. I was preparing for a very important exam which I failed by 1 marks. I was shattered, I didn't came out of my room for a week. But as they say God has better plans...
Came this!!!The confirmation mail!!!!!The confirmation mail!!!!!

My first reaction was, why me? I live in such a small town, there must be many deserving from India. After the feeling sinked in, came the first hurdle I didn't had a passport and my government issued documents had a mistake in my birth date ( which I never noticed 😉 ). After running pillar to post, this hurdle got cleared.Got my passport!!!!Got my passport!!!!

I was not working at that time because of an accident (long story). Came the next hurdle - American visa norms are very strict. I was clearly told by the visa consultant that I won't get it as I was unemployed, so I should not waste money by applying. But my credo being "think positive, be positive" I thought of giving it a try. Hurdle cleared I got the visa.

Then came the D - Day I have never been outside India. I was excited and nervous at the same time.Me leaving for the airport!!!Me leaving for the airport!!!

Cut to Newark Airport, I missed the connecting flight, because of immigration check. I was late, exhausted after 21 hours flight and a bit nervous.

I met Xeo at San Francisco airport, She was soo sweet and positive about life. Then we reached the hotel, where I met Salman, Himashi, Yasumi to name a few. The energy of the place was so lively and positive, as if we all knew each other since ages.Selfie!! With Waweru and  YasminSelfie!! With Waweru and Yasmin

Everybody Carries a part of their country in their hearts and a country is made up of its people. By attending connect Live I feel I have visited 59 countries through the eyes of the fellow local guides. Thank you soo much Googlemaps for organising this event to perfection. This was one of the best experiences of my life. And I made friends and memories for a lifetime ❤️❤️❤️With StephenWith Stephen

With Mahabub - Thank you for helping me on the last day!!!!With Mahabub - Thank you for helping me on the last day!!!!

With Anuradha - the sweetest of allWith Anuradha - the sweetest of all

With Emeka - Our first selfie together!!With Emeka - Our first selfie together!!

Best people!!!!Best people!!!!

A big thank you to Radhi, Shady, Stephen, Anuradha,Illankovan,Mahabub, Soniya, Salman, Yasumi, Koffi, Himashi, Archit, Emeka, Vandana and anybody. You guys have my heart. 

(P.S - I couldn't find your usernames for tagging. Sorry)

32 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Connect Live experience

Hello @PriyankaU

Really awesome recap, it's like a bunch of beautiful memories .

I m still feel that I missed all that fun and excitement of CL2018 , 

But I love to read and watch every recap & picture which shared by my local guides friends & CL2018 attendees.

Thanks for share. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

What a great experience @PriyankaU

I feel like I was there by reading every recap of CL18 experience from each of the attendants...

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Well done @PriyankaU

Don't worry about tagging people. We will find your post in any case. Happy to know more about your story, how you arrived to Connect Live. Hope, dreams, that in a moment are becoming true, new friends from all around the world, in a place where we have the same dreams. It was great to meet you, it is beautiful to meet you again.

Thank you for your post

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@PriyankaU so glad that despite the challenges and battles that you persevered and got through - cause it meant we all got the wonderful pleasure of meeting you!

So glad to have met you and I'm so glad Connect Live had such an impact in your life. Definitely friends/memories of a lifetime! 😊

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Después de tantas vicisitudes pudiste llegar a San Francisco @PriyankaU, y para todos nosotros que tuvimos oportunidad de conocerte un poquito es lo mejor que nos pasó, eres una persona muy agradable y creo que ninguna ciudad es lo sucientemente pequeña o alejada que no merezca ser tenida en cuenta, jajaja 🙂 imagínate yo vivo al fin del mundo en un pueblo ovejero muy pequeño casi imperceptible en el mundo jajajaja, pero tambien tuve la suerte de poder ser escogido como tu para participar. 

CB0BFE89-6060-4E77-B212-623559D6D008.jpeg

Saludos Farid 

Level 8

Hello @PriyankaU  What an inspiring story of overcoming hurdles and staying positive, thanks for sharing your story and lovely photographs, you certainly look like you had a great time, well done getting there☺

Level 9

@FaridTDF Estoy muy contento de haberte conocido. Eres una gran persona. Te vi enseñando español a compañeros guías locales. 

Level 9

@SP31 Thank you and it was a pleasure meeting you. I liked the way you smiled and interacted with everyone present there.

Level 9

@ErmesT Thank you soo much. I was really a great experience meeting you and other local guides.