EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Connect Live: T-Shirt Link

Caption Emeka and Michael at Connect Live in San FranciscoCaption Emeka and Michael at Connect Live in San Francisco

Guess the story behind the photo?

Aside being part of the 151 Local Guides in San Francisco last October, something made us have a special encounter.

@meshworx Michael and I established communication on the Connect Live Hangout. He posted  a  message saying he had a smaller T-shirt and wouldnt mind if anyone is opened to a bigger one. I knew, I'd look smart with an "M" size shirt though an "L" will still be fine. So,I felt he would be better with the Large one and I would also be okay with Medium size; I posted a reply and we agreed to swap the next day

During the keynote address, we described our location and dress types. We met at Lunch, exchanged the shirts plus gifts and took a photo.

There are several ways to connect with LGs, even at Connect Live! Furthermore, it's not just about T-shirt. No, it's more about using digital tools to connect people in order to solve problems.

When we enlarge this idea, it's also possible to solve numerous problems around the world if we communicate appropriately; the right persons may find it and offer solution. For example, those who have extra food which may be heading to the wastebins could use social media to invite the needy for collection. Also, accessibility and kid-friendly information on Google Maps comes to mind.

Do you see problems or challenge a and what to crowd source ideas on how to solve them? Connect Forum is a nice place to share ideas! Is your community facing any challenge which you could solve using Google Maps or any other digital tool? Please, don't hesitate, communicate. Megan Couban is a glaring example with her upcoming project.

Do not hesitate to seek solution- speak out, speak up, share ideas and solve it.

Lagos, Nigeria
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Connect Live: T-Shirt Link

Hi @EmekaUlor

Thanks for sharing this little feel-good story.

I felt very happy reading this. Technology has come along way, and even the smallest things like a t-shirt swap, can be handled using our digital tools. 

And you are absolutely right, we should speak our mind and use the technologies we have at hand. Who knows, we might have the solution to someones problem without knowing it. Just by being active on Google Maps, and sharing our thoughts on Connect, we are helping others that are seeking a solution.

Thanks again for sharing, and by the way.

Did you keep the t-shirts or did you swap back after the event? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Level 8

Thanks for share for nice story @EmekaUlor .

sharif
Connect Moderator

@MortenSI it was brand new shirts,, so we both used it during the events and parted with same. I would be wearing mine to the next meetup🖒

@LucioV you are quite right. 

It would be very cool to see you both wearing the shirts again at next years Connect Live @EmekaUlor.

Maybe this could even become a new tradition.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Great post and thanks again for the exchange 💱 😊

Connect Moderator

@MortenSI lol. That would be cool, if we are lucky enough then. Maybe another swap may happen?😊

@meshworx 🙏 Thank you too.

It would be very cool @EmekaUlor. If you swap other types of clothing, you could end of with completely new outfits in a couple of years.