brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Connect Live 2017

@Nricash, if you are using Google Translate to help translate your writing from Russian to English, then wait till next year to make that decision.

However, if you are able to type your response here in English, I believe you read and understand English. 

Now, if you can speak in English for 1 minute about what being a Local Guide means to you, how you contribute to Google Maps, etc. (Read specific Connect Live application details here), you should give it a try just for the experience alone.

Last year's Summit17 attendee @SergeySud is from Moscow. He might be able to better assist you and answer any questions you might have.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Re: Connect Live 2018 application

Thankyou @StephenAbraham i got so many new information about local guide connect here since i also a newcomer. But really glad to be a part of local guide connect, they are so warm. Make me feels like having new family :))

Connect Moderator

Re: Finally got the invitation mail

@FarabiRahmaFahad,

I am going to move your post over to Connect Live 2018 questions, comments, application ideas thread. This Thread was created specifically for Local Guides like yourself who are applying and are looking for ideas for the Connect Live video applications. It's a great resource to reference and ask your questions.

Also if this will be the first you will be creating a video, check out this helpful Tips for your Connect Live application video.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thanks @KarenVChin for ping!

Приветствую @Nricash, - да, на саммите в прошлом году было два человека из России, и ещё 6 русскоговорящих участников, из Кыргызстана, Казахстана, Украина, Швейцарии, США. Всего же на саммите были представители более 60 стран мира.

Но хочу напомнить, что язык всех мероприятий предстоящего саммита - английский. Уровень должен быть достаточен не только для понимания происходящего, но и активного участия в обсуждениях. 

Перевод конкретно на этом саммите не предусмотрен.

Если есть уверенность в своих знаниях проекта Местные Эксперты, и уровне языка - смело подавайте заявку!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for responding @SergeySud. I hope you will be applying to Connect Live too.

@Nricash, I am moving your post over to the general Connect Live 2018 questions, comments, application ideas thread if you have any further Connect Live questions or comments there are many fellow Local Guides to chat with there.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 7

Re: Finally got the invitation mail

Great thanks for your help.Let's see what's happened next.

fahad
Level 5

Ask how post the video?

We need to uplound one vidéo  with own presentation, where its the link or how its the proces.

To be in the New trip 2018 San Francisco yeah!

Level 10

Re: Ask how post the video?

Level 5

Re: Ask how post the video?

Ill have a look, woow you are amazing ! #10 local guide pff. And you are from france? Now im in France dans le nord. .Merci beaucoup 

Level 10

Re: Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas

My application to connect Live 2018.

Update on June 19th 2018, as my father had very serious health problem at the end of April, I did not have time to elaborate on my investment in the Local Guide program at the end of April. I have two ways to participate in the Local Guides program:

1. An automated way that costs nearly nothing to me and brings lot of rewards: taking picture and looking around me when I have nothing else to do. For example when I am traveling in a car and I am not the driver, when I am stuck in a traffic jam or when I am in a queue. When I have a short slot of time available or when I am too tired to do something else, I upload the photos and reviews. This way of contributing is very addictive and has help me reach very high figure in terms of photo uploads and views.
  2. A way that is more demanding for me: trying to post meaningful content on LocalGuidesconnect, trying to organize Local Guides meet-ups, applying for Local guides events, thinking about my strategy for contribution to the Local Guide program and to social networks, ...

Due to the health issues of my father, I had unexpectedly to stop any type 2 contribution on April 28th and indeed I have been very lucky to be able to post a simple application for connect live 18 by the deadline.

Before April 28th, my plan was to document my application process in this post, building on my experience as a successful candidate for LGSummit17 with a sophisticated video either 360 or from my DSLR:

But suddenly I had to take care of my father, and I did not have time left to prepare my application. Below is the documentation  of the start of my application process.

I was lucky to participate to the event organized in 2017 (LGSummit17), I create this post to share the preparation of my application to Connect Live. In this post, I will keep a log of what I do to prepare my application. The goal of this post is to help Local Guides preparing their first application to an event organized by Google. I will use this post myself to gather in one place, all the information I need to prepare my application.

What I have done so far:

I will now change the signature of my posts in Connect to indicate my intention to apply for the event. If you need information on how to change your signature, you can read: How to add a Personnal Signature from @BoyScoutHow I created my signature from @Badruddeen or Small secret about signature on LG Connect from @backy0175L

To edit my signature I used the HTLM editor in this forum and also an online HTML editor to double check

So for the video, you just need to view 4 posts, it will takes you a quarter of an hour:

1. A Beginner's Guide to Making A TravelVlog (Google Local Guide Version) (3'48"")
  2. 5 important elements of high-quality video. Follow them and your video will look great by Video SEO (3'18"")

3. Easy tips and tricks to make Video for Local Guides applicants ! by Asmageek (2'09"", use camstasia studio to edit the video)

4. How to create a good video on YouTube by Alex Tereshkov (4'09", experience is important, so start now to shoot your video)

Then shoot the video (1 minute) and repeat until you have a decent one minute video. Do a simple video, even with your smartphone.