brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Attending local guides connect

Connect live is exclusively available for level 5 or more and one who is consistent in contribution for Google maps and  street view.

Since you are new to the community you may not meet the requirements.

But don't loose hope this is a annual  event you can participate next year .

All you gotta do is contributing and active in this website.

Level 8

Re: CONNECT LIVE aka Google Local Guide

Hey All,

I have applied for Connect Live 2018 !

hope to get selected...go luck to all of you.. 

cheers! Pushkin 

Pushkin Shukla
Level 8

google local guides summit 2018 participate

I'm really very excited about this community and realy like this . Im very like to join local guide summit 2018,So can you tell me how to apply for this? How about doing the video? Is everyone sending out these e-mails an interested party? Do not participate in a patch? Are such applications denied?

SrilankaLocalGuide ChameeraM

Level 9

Re: google local guides summit 2018 participate

Hello @ChameeraM

I understand the level of your excitement 🙂

But

Please try to avoid creating multiple discussions on same topic.

I've already answer you  at this post

Please follow all the instructions here https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/connectlive

And for an additional tip, have a look at this post  & also there's some great tips for application video in this post

Meanwhile, let me give you the link of application posts created by some fellow local guides. It will help you to have an idea about creating posts for application.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Connect-profile-of-One-Man-Community-Bishow...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/My-Journey-with-Local-Guides/m-p/749192#M20...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/StephenAbraham-A-small-contributor-in-this-...

Best of luck for your application.

Regards

Level 8

Yes, thats true friend ,But I have not done hosting meetup now, it will not matter to submmit?

SrilankaLocalGuide ChameeraM

Level 7

6 tips to improve your video for Connect Live 2018 🎬

professional-video-camera.jpg

Hey Local Guides ! 👋

Today I'd like to give you some advice about how to improve your video's relevance for the Connect Live 2018.

You may have heard of this event, right ? If not, just grab some informations here. That's basically the annual Local Guides event based in Google's office in California.

And everyone can apply, isn't it magic ? 🎩

You just need to fill out a form, add some details, an article AND a video. 

So it's really important you understand that it is essential to be true, natural and to complete your profile as much as possible.

So here are my 5 tips you should think about in order to make an amazing video. 🎬

Step 1: Prepare yourself ☑️

I think it's important that your prepare your video. What does it means ?

In all, you will have 1 min maximum to put as much informations as you need to.

Do not hesitate to :

• write on a paper all the information you want to say.
  • think about the order of your sentences
  • make a clear pitch that you might record later.

Step 2: microphone's quality is crucial 🎙

Google wants you to prove that you speak english. So you will have to express yourself during the video.

So pay attention to the sound quality of your microphone.

If you're making your video outside, the surrounding sounds can disturb the quality of your voice sound. Try to get away from roads, windy areas ...

If your camera doesn't have an amazing microphone quality,  just record on your mobile phone micro at the same time. 

You can then synchronize the sound and the video. Here are some tutorials on Youtube that you can check.

Step 3: Be yourself 🤡

Google is looking for different and complementary personalities.

So try to be as clear as possible about the reasons why you are using Google Maps in your daily life.

Are you passionate about gastronomy? If so, you might find relevant to give tips to other Mapers concerning amazing restaurants in the cities you came across. 

Basically, just explain who you are, what you are expecting about this Connect Live 2018. You have 1 minute to show your personnality! 

Step 4: Embellish your video 

A 1-minute video about only you on the screen can be annoying.

You should consider adding some content to your presentation.  You can add:

• pictures
  • videos 
  • screenshots

That can be examples of actions you take on google maps, but also about your personal activities.

For instance, if you're a globe trotter (so am I) you could add to content about your different travels.

Step 5: quality is not the most important 

I guess everybody isn't a professional video maker. However, Google is aware of that.

So even if you don't have an amazing camera, 360 camera or drone it doesn't matter.

You can basically use your phone in order to make this video. That's enough. Hopefully, technology allow us to produce quality renderings even with a small tool.

The important thing is to be visible and understandable.

So avoid places too dark or too bright, but also crowded places or noisy.

Step 6: Enjoy it 😁

It should be the step 1. Help yourself, enjoy this moment!

Have a good time making this video, do something that looks like you.

Be innovative, "out of the box", bring some emotions with this video.

________

I hope those tips will help you to make amazing videos.

If so, we might see each other to this summit because I'm also applying for it.

Sorry for the mistakes, you might know that French people are really bad in English. 

If you need some more information, here are few other links from people way better than me. 😅

DSLR Guides tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njeCxUspmHk

Amy Landino - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_ZTsv_edw

Sunny Lenarduzzi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj49zz_PmSs

Comment bellow if there are other tips that you could advice to our amazing Local Guides Community. 😍

Guys I'd love to get your feedback on this first post @LucioV@LudwigGermany@SunPanupong@NareshDarji @Julien44 @KlaudiyaG @ErmesT@brittym@AdrianLunsong & @Haseeb.

Raphaël Meyrou - French Student - Web Marketing Consultant - Globe Trotter
Level 8

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

@KarenVChin OOOoh my gosh Woooow  woooooowww @KarenVChin wow I am on the edge of my seat right now I am going to jump up and down and roll on the ground 

for 1min saying oh my gosh om gosh ok maybe two mins, I limitedly shacking now Thank you @KarenVChin woooow Thank you, and thank you ...did I say thank you ....

hugggsss @KarenVChin

Former Google Contributor

Re: 6 tips to improve your video for Connect Live 2018 🎬

Great job on your first Connect post! If you don't mind, I'm going to merge it into our thread about Connect Live, as I think that's where it'll have the most impact. 🙂 Good luck with your application and thanks for sharing your tips with the Local Guides community. More tips from our team are available here

Connect Moderator

Re: 6 tips to improve your video for Connect Live 2018 🎬

@Raphael thank you for this great post. The hint with the additional microphone is great. I was thinking of such a solution but didn't know that this would be easy.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 9

Hi @ChameeraM,

As per your thread @Haseeb gives you useful information but rather marking his reply as solution you've marked your post. 

Please learn more about accepting solution on connect, 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Tip-How-to-mark-replies-as-solutions-Accept-as-Solut...

Tagging @Shirley to revoke solution and provide it to Haseeb.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.