brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas

Thank you very much @brittym for creating this space for us to ask questions and share ideas.

I wanted to know:

1.  Regarding the application process itself, do we have a second chance?  That is, after the application is submitted succecfully, do we have a chance to:

- change (broken) links to Applicaton Post and Application Video?

- edit / update my Application Post / Video entirely (or reasonable)

2.  In the application process, will be LGs have a last chance to confirm as go-ahead or cancel?  Is the screen / instructions clear enough so that we know if we click this OK button, then it is final?  If I decided to Cancel for the moment, will details be save in "Draft mode" or it is a very short process such that we can just start over again when we feel ready?

Thank you very much! 

Connect Moderator

@LucioV Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Although, that means it's a bit contradictory compared to the description in the blog post. Hmm...

I will see if I can get some clarification. My feeling is that either one should be fine, but better make sure.

Level 8

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here

Level 10

Re: Finally Connect Live 2018 is here. Apply Now❗️

Thanks, best wishes to everyone.

@Badruddeen

@Badruddeen wrote:

Wishing you guys good luck.

Connect Live (Local Guides Summit18 is here)

@PaDeSSo @DavidTito @deepakjhic @ShafiulB @SalmaanN @AkmalB @LucioV @MahabubMunna @ProfArunCM

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

I did not open this year's Connect Live application from yet, I am just writing based on my understanding on my last year's applicaton:

1.  For the Connect post (our Application Post)

- it is not needed to be under the official monthly Self Introduction thread.  It can be a new thread (but I will say the thread should be under a public area, not in exclusive areas of Connect).  [I posted mine as a new thread in General Discussions last year].

2.  I suppose there is no need to start a new thread.  We just need to find out a LINK to one of our Post in Connect, then input that LINK in the application form.  Thus using a Self Introduction Post of the official montly introduction thread will also do.

3.  There is no special format requirement regarding the post:

- No need to include Videos or not

- No need to include Photos or not

- No need to tell the work if this is a Applicaton Post or not

Just my two cents on how I were doing it for Summit17.

If anyone have any doubt that needs an official reply, please make sure to write a separeate comment dedicated entirely for your questions, tag a Google Moderator so that they can directly address your concerns.

Level 10

Re: Tips on writing post to support your connect live application

@YK1001 I am talking about your last year post to support your 2017 Local Guide Summit application.

Level 8

Re: Tips on writing post to support your connect live application

This is my prior Summit application experience

Yes, @AnuradhaP I guess so.  Thus the above.

Level 3

Attending local guides connect

Hello!

This is imrose from Bangladesh. I'm a new member of local guides and really really excited to attend the local guides connect live at California but as I said that I'm a new member here so I cannot get all the procedure to join. So, I need your help right now to complete my dream. Thanks In Advance!

Level 9

Re: Attending local guides connect

Hello @Ahsan_habib_imrose thanks for joining here. We are really happy to see you here. 

Please read this post very carefully and then you will be clear about this mega event. Thanks again 🙂

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 9

Local Guide Summit 2018 (LG 2018)

Hello guys how many of you applied for LG summit 2018?