EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Connect Live 2018: The First LG I Met in San Francisco.

Oh my god @EmekaUlor this is such a touching post...I don't know how to thank you!!

Sorry I'm not the loudest and most talkative of the group 😄 It was definitely very intimidating for me these 3 days to meet such inspiring people, who have incredible stories and passions that connect them to Google Maps, and in your case @EmekaUlor your passion for accessibility in your country! I guess that was something I don't experience that often in my European culture, but I was absolutely delighted to see it at the Connect Live Summit.

I'm so glad I'm a part of this community.

I've met people I would never had the chance to meet in my whole life: different cultures, countries, traditions, jobs, hobbies... And here we are, sharing together the same passion for moving, travelling, eating, taking photographs, being hyped for a new functionality, being a bit of a nerd on a new tech, simply living in our own times. For that I'm incredibly thankful.

A picture I took when I saw your name on the big screen, very proud of you indeed :

Emeka receives his award for Outstanding Accessibility Contributions!Emeka receives his award for Outstanding Accessibility Contributions!A bit sad we didn't say good bye, but you're always welcome in the cold Amsterdam my friend!

First LG buddies 🙌 

Connect Moderator

Lol! @MarineSergent I knew you'd be surprised to read this.

Thanks for your kind words and for the photograph. I didn't know you captured this from a good angle. I appreciate.

You don't need to say sorry for who are you. I stressed it because it's part of what makes you a wonderful person. 

Now, I just realized we are "a bit of nerds"! 😎

Stay blessed...First LG Buddy!

Connect Moderator

@Fsyoni sorry about the late reply. I guess @Shrut19 has given you the right feedback. Thank for the great job you do in Mumbai!

@Shyam_Vyas you captured it all. It remains close to our hearts and each day I relish the experience. The joy fires me up to do more...

Connect Moderator

@PennyChristie Lucky you! Who wouldn't want to meet @KarenVChin as the first LG? Count your blessings. Passionate, motherly and caring. Always guiding...

Thanks for sharing.

Level 6

@MarineSergent thank you for inspiring me, a very unforgettable story

From- Indonesian

Connect Moderator

@PennyChristie, I did not realize I was the very first Local Guide you met! There was a whole lot of screaming and hugging at the Google SF lobby if I can remember correctly. = )

Meeting IRL for the very first time.Meeting IRL for the very first time.

It’s always fun to finally meet in real life, in the same place. It never gets tiring or boring.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Namskar

@EmekaUlor

Thanks for your Kind Words..

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 9

Wonderful story @EmekaUlor 🙂
First I met @ErmesT and @FaridTDF at Pier 41 🙂

Ilankovan, Ermes & FaridIlankovan, Ermes & Farid

Level 6

Such an amazing experience. I'll will my first out of the country local guide connect story for another day. Thanks