EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Connect Live 2018: The First LG I Met in San Francisco.

Our flight arrived San Francisco Airport at about 11 am. Then I found the Airport team and waited for few hours for other LGs before we could proceed to the Hotel. At about 12: 35pm another LG joined me as we continued to wait for the others.

We introduced ourselves and exchanged pleasantries. In less than 30 minutes, the protocol guys informed us that we may proceed to Hyatt Centric as the other two haven't arrived yet.

A Cadillac picked us up. Marine and I sat at the back admiring the city scape- the Bay Bridge, Pier 1 - 19 and the Waterfront Restaurant! Although it wasn't her first time in San Francisco, both of us are attending Connect Live for the very first time.

We talked about Netherlands, Nigeria, the weather, French and Japan. So much excitement made me forget to take a selfie in the car. Her voice and carriage was too mild for my comfort,initially. I became happy when she talked about her Local Guide experience. Marine is limpid but an engaing interactant.

Suddenly, we are at Hyatt Centric. We approached the reception, got rooms assigned to us and then strolled into the North Point Lounge. The welcome reception was ongoing. Then I remembered the selfie...

Caption: Local Guides Emeka and Marine at the Connect Live Welcome PartyCaption: Local Guides Emeka and Marine at the Connect Live Welcome Party

We joined the crowd, picked some food and drinks. We got lost into the widening friendship opportunities the rest of the days. Trying to meet 150+ LGs, like Marine, is not a piece of cake, so don't be surprised if you discover you didn't meet everyone. There's no luxury of time.

Marine and I met again during the departure to Google's Quad Campus, in front of Hyatt. It was colder and I' s sipping my coffee. She said she's loving the experience and wasn't cold. Yea, I know. We talked about the city of San Francisco in relation to our cities. Lagos is  hot and bubbly but Amsterdam is cool and aesthetic, I learned. We also talked about scooter and modes of transportation.

Caption: Marine and Emeka at the Google Merchandise Store.Caption: Marine and Emeka at the Google Merchandise Store.Well, I wasn't able to say farewell to Marine before she proceeded on her vacation in Japan, which she excitedly gave a hint about in the Cadillac. She had a splendid tour. I know she's home now and will joining me to host the Worldwide Accessibility Walk-  Accessible Amsterdam!

This is the magic of Connect Live...friendship for good causes. Thank you for the time spent and support, @MarineSergent

Merci mon ami! 

Emeka

Who was the first Local Guide you met outside your country or at a Connect Live event?

@ErmesT  @MaxNYC @IlankovanT @YasumiKikuchi @Jesi @PennyChristie  @AlexaAC @Sorbe

Owerri, Nigeria
18 comments
Level 9

Re: Connect Live 2018: The First LG I Met in San Francisco.

Hello dear @EmekaUlor

What amazing and wonderful,touching story about your first day in San-Francisco!

You are very nice, kind,emotional person!

I suppose you have happy time in San Francisco which you will remember so long!

It is great!

Best wishes .

I wish you great success!

Inga

Connect Moderator

Hello @helga19 thank you for the wishes. I appreciate your concern.

I am still in the euphoria of Connect Live 2018. 

Thanks for being a friend too.

Level 6

Hi @EmekaUlor

when is this event held again??

Level 7

I am so glad that I have chosen to part of the LG team. I am going to say this is the best thing that has happened to me in the year. I know there are few months left for the year to end, this will remain close to my heart.

I am so happy that you have written such wonderful experience for us to read and I can imagine how special these moments were for you. Which you will cherish for a long time. Best regards

Level 10

Namskar..

@Fsyoni

Every Year

5 Level Above Local guides got Mail from Google to Apply form fill and Submit..

Application open 11 April To 31 May

And Results On 20th June..

Then Event Held on 16 Oct..

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 10

Namskar.. 

@EmekaUlor

Thanks for Sharing this 2018 Connect Live Experience Story With Us..

Regards From Mumbai..

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 6

@Shrut19 thank you so much friends

Level 10

Its my Pleasure 🙏🙏

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Connect Moderator

Such a wonderful story @EmekaUlor

The first Local Guide I met both virtually and physically was @KarenVChin . She was the first one I chatted with in Hangouts and, coincidentally, the first one I met and took a selfie with at Google HQ in San Francisco. As soon as I walked in the door I immediately recognised her and gave her a big hug. It was wonderful.

D8C6C455-3510-4F5B-A6F0-452530632907.jpeg