Pedi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Connect Live 2018 - Inspired: Hiding Rocks Around the World!

IMG_20181022_160043.jpg

At Connect Live 2018's welcome reception, there was a fun rock painting station where we were asked to decorate the front of a rock, write #localguidesconnect on the back, and go hide it somewhere in the world for someone else to find and discover Local Guides!

My rock didn't travel too far, but here's it's journey: Sunny the Stone's Sentinel Dome Hike https://photos.app.goo.gl/iXG8TxderEyRDo9w6

Enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing other LG's rock stories here!

#singaporelocalguides
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Connect Live 2018 - Inspired: Hiding Rocks Around the World!

Level 10

@JensMG check out what we waited every 10 steps for

@brittym

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Former Google Contributor

@Pedi @JulienH This is so fun! Where is its final resting place? You found so many great hiding spots!

Level 6

Inspired you

Connect Moderator

What a journey for you, @JulienH, and the rock! 🙂 Absolutely beautiful location. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

@JulienH

@JensMG

it was totally worth it!!! (thank you both for waiting for me)

#singaporelocalguides
Level 9

@brittym Thanks!! Haha, it's final resting place is a little hole on a boulder sitting on the top of Sentinel Dome where it should be enjoying stellar sunsets 😉 

#singaporelocalguides
Level 10

If any of you are in Yosemite National Park https://goo.gl/maps/t1zT11FbkeD2 next year, take an adventurous hike up to Sentinel Dome https://goo.gl/maps/QUuabEfwLtB2 and look for this special little rock.

Interestingly, if you open the map on desktop, there's a link to a "Take a guided tour", which is a youtube video about the park. hm. 

Screenshot of Google Maps listing of Yosemite National ParkScreenshot of Google Maps listing of Yosemite National Park

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Former Google Contributor

I really loved reading your stories @Pedi@JulienH. Felt so much positive about your ideas! All those little special rocks are like gems of friendship spread around the whole world.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!