jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Confusing algorithms for simple and correct edits.

Mostly  algorithm was confusing whatever may be the explanation because a  correct  simple logic or a grammar  cannot be edited.as follows 

https://goo.gl/maps/pb7tb93Z9Zq

I  tried the following edit so many times result mostly showing Not Applied.

!) Wrong spelling grammar  Mistake REDSEDENCY  corrected to  Residence

2)Wrong Category School corrected to Housing Socity( CHS means Co operative Housing Society clear from Name itself)

3)Wrong in Capital letter BHAGYAWAN REDSIDENCY A WING CHS corrected to  Bhagyawan Residency  A Wing CHS )

Wasted so much time and still showing Not Applied except Name Residency

Finally i am fed up and stop editing..

BHAGYAWAN REDSIDENCY A WING CHS
RB Thakur Marg, Hanuman Chowk, Mulund East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400081
NOT APPLIED · Category
APPROVED · Name
NOT APPLIED · Name · Category

Need better and simplified alternative to check correct  simple logic or a grammar.

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Confusing algorithms for simple and correct edits.

@jojo522 editing sometimes requires us to have a bit more patience. We do not know exactly how Google determines confidence in an edit, and that's also party to protect against organized edit spams etc. 

In our day-to-day edits, we should try our best to give our edits as best confidence as we can, although, even that does not guarantee an edit will be approved. Because Google servers cannot read our mind, and even when escalated to a real person, there is also some confidence factor in consideration. Contributors even in the most sincere way, can still make spelling mistakes. And I know you have probably read this link many times, but here it is again. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

In this case, I want to suggest.

1) Can you upload a photo of the place with the exact name in a sign board etc. The location doesn't even have a single photo. It's very hard to determine if a name change is correct without any real reference.

2) Is it Residence or Residency that you are wanting to edit it into? Even your post you have given 2 different names (hence my point about even the most sincere person can still make some spelling error)

3) What is "A Wing CHS".. is this part of the real name of the organization as per in the sign board or documents? Use only the real name of the place without any descriptive words.

Give it a try after some time. I can't guarantee an edit will pass through. I was under the impression that for edits, we may have our own confidence level for edits, but I can't be sure about that either.

Level 10

Re: Confusing algorithms for simple and correct edits.

@StephenAbraham Thanks for your explanation.. Please find responds to your query

1) Can you upload a photo of the place with the exact name in a sign board etc. 

I think Sign Board is not required to correct a spelling mistake. Can we  publish  Sign Board with wrong spelling. I think as Local Guest we can correct it is wrong with out supporting photo provided we are right  to improve Map.

2) Is it Residence or Residency that you are wanting to edit it into? 

It is Residency and it is already corrected.

3) What is "A Wing CHS".. is this part of the real name of the organization as per in the sign board or documents? Use only the real name of the place without any descriptive words.

By A Wing CHS means A wing of Cooperative Housing Society, from which is clear it is not a school but a Housing Society which i clearly  know.

NOT APPLIED · Category
APPROVED · Name