TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Community Moderator Support

Connect is the community forum for Local Guides around the world. Here, you can ask questions, learn about the program, and make friends — whether they’re in the same city or across an ocean.

Connect is the only official Local Guides community. It’s moderated by Googlers and Connect Moderators, who are Local Guides like you. As of October 2017, Google no longer lends direct support to other Local Guides groups on other platforms.

Interested in becoming a Connect moderator? Check out this post for more information.

large.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
76 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Community Moderator Support

Hello @DavidTito

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and please pardon any confusion with my original response.

What you are sharing in the screenshot confirms that you are indeed a community moderator for that Google+ community in Perth.  However, there is a distinction between being a community moderator and being a supported community moderator — one that receives support from the team (as outlined in the post above, which includes receiving the blue badge on Connect.  

As noted, the supported Community process is being reviewed at this time so this badge is currently unavailable until further notice. Thank you. 

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 8

I want to ask if there is already a supported community for a bigger region, will a separate community for a smaller region within the big got supported?

For example, UK-GLG is supported.  When later London-GLG fulfilled the requirements, will it got supported also?

Level 10
Level 8

Thanks for valuable update.

I am having one question here...

In my area(India), there is two local guide community near by my place...

1) At Mysore

2) At Davanegare

1) How can I give join there local guide community...

2) Is one member can join more than one local guide community....

Please clarify

CommunityModeratorPostGraphic_1d.png

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
Level 10

Yes, you can join multiple Local Guides community. I'm the owner of Davangere Local Guides community and an active contributor of Kerala and Bengaluru community as well.

And, I've sent you an invitation to join the Davangere community.

Though we have active contributors in the community, we're yet to host a meet up - most of us are batchmates and Local Guides program comes in to our casual conversations very often *evil grin*. It would be fun to meet more Local Guides based in our area 

You can refer the Maps in the Local Guides website to find out the nearby supported communities (the policies are getting revamped as we talk) and you can join the community just the way you join a group on Google Plus 

Level 8

@AmithE wrote:

Yes, you can join multiple Local Guides community. I'm the owner of Davangere Local Guides community and an active contributor of Kerala and Bengaluru community as well.

And, I've sent you an invitation to join the Davangere community.

Though we have active contributors in the community, we're yet to host a meet up - most of us are batchmates and Local Guides program comes in to our casual conversations very often *evil grin*. It would be fun to meet more Local Guides based in our area 

You can refer the Maps in the Local Guides website to find out the nearby supported communities (the policies are getting revamped as we talk) and you can join the community just the way you join a group on Google Plus 

Thank you Amit....

Now I m become member of Davanegare Local Guide Community...

Thanks for your invitation...

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
Level 10

@TraciC Hello, I am trying to connect with LGs from Lebanon through this platform but I am not succeeding. I need to create a local community for Lebanon and I know there's lot of people and LLGs contributing to the Lebanese map but I am not able to contact them all. I have posted several times here in the portal regarding this issue but it is not working. Please advice. Thanks.

Googler

@YK1001 Both United Kingdom and London are supported communities (both are listed on our My Map) as we've seen that both country-wide and city-level (or state in some area) communities have done well.

@GaneshKrishnaS You can join more than one Local Guides community as that is completely up to you. 🙂 

@AmithES This post reflects our revised community guidelines now available in our Help Center.

@MichelChammas We encourage you to take advantage of the search functionality for Lebanon keywords as well as the location tagging feature when sharing posts. As Local Guides Connect is just a few months old and we continue to promote it to Local Guides, we're sure more and more conversations will be picked up. If you'd like to create a community for your area, please check out the community guidelines (from the Local Guides Help Center) I shared above.

I hope this information has helped everyone who's passionate about bringing Local Guides to their areas.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@TraciC Yes I am trying to search through the tags and search bar but I don't think it is the best way as many of the Lebanese LGs are not necessarily active yet on the LGconnect portal. I am trying to create a community but as per the guidelines it has to have at least 50 members which is impossible right now. I am trying to promote an unofficial community on G+ but didn't get a response yet.

Level 10

@michelc wrote:

@TraciC Yes I am trying to search through the tags and search bar but I don't think it is the best way as many of the Lebanese LGs are not necessarily active yet on the LGconnect portal. I am trying to create a community but as per the guidelines it has to have at least 50 members which is impossible right now. I am trying to promote an unofficial community on G+ but didn't get a response yet.

@MichelChammas, I've shared my experience on bringing together the Local Guides of my area in a different thread. May be, you'll find my posts useful. Here you go - https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/how-to-start-a-local-guide-community/m-p/32...