ZuhairM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Comment for our Moderators

Some new members are walking in the commnity timidly, they need to be encourage to participate.

Posts with zero reply will really upset the congributer.

Imagine I become a member in one of Greatest Google Boards and I opened a simple post (Hi I am so and so from X place).

Then came a Google Moderator and said Hi so and so we are glass to have you among is.

Imagine what will be the perfect.

Really every one will be proud be got appreciation from a reputable people like you and will try his/her best the second post will be better.

Even in the same post how about

Hi X 

It is a pleasure having you among us could you please tell us about your Y place and we appreciate your own photos for your Y location.

Riyadh, Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
33 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Comment for our Moderators

Hi @ZuhairM. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate that Local Guides care about the community as much as we do as moderators/community managers for Local Guides. There are global team members moderating the community around the clock and while we don't always see every single post, we are most definitely active here. As I said earlier, we do encourage other Local Guides to interact with others' posts, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 5

Sorry because I am using mobile the word glass became glass. Sorry for the an intended mistake.

Googler

Hi @ZuhairM. Have no fear, Local Guides community managers are here on Connect and are interacting with posters on a regular basis. We also encourage other Local Guides to say hello and interact with new posters, too! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

Hi @TraciC

No doubts about your great efforts, but just go through the 55 pages in the General Discussion Board and see how many zero posts.

Welcoming was an example there are some posts with different contents and zero reply..

Connect Moderator

Hola @TraciC, lo que comenta @ZuhairM, yo lo siento de otra manera, pero es algo similar en la apreciación general. Me explico un poco más, en estas últimas dos semanas veo una cantidad menor de Post nuevos y los qué hay no son tan interesantes muchos son el clásico y como indica Zhuair "Hola como están soy de xx" y nada más, varias veces le respondo lo saludo y lo invitó a que nos cuente un poco más sobre el, que postee fotos etc. pero en este último tiempo los pase de largo y seguí con otro para ver otras cosas más interesantes en otros pizarrones de todo Connect, al inicio leí un puso más marcado de los moderadores de Google en general, supongo que es para apunalar la plataforma, Connect, y ahora que está más encaminada la siguen pero con una intensidad menor. Como sea también puede ser una racha de hilos de ese estilo "poco interesantes", y más adelante retome ese vigor y fuerza que tenía al principio.

Yo creo que esta plataforma es muy prometedora y puede hacer la gran diferencia con las otras. Por eso, por que la aprecio y me gusta poder usarla a diario, creo que el comentario que planteó Zhuair es válido y me dio pie para expresar algo que me daba vueltas en la cabeza hace varios días. 

Muchas gracias al equipo de Connect por esta plataforma para los LG

Level 5

Hi @FaridTDF

I will used google translate and come back to you ..

Many thanks for your share

Googler

Hi @FaridTDF. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I think some folks are new to Local Guides and Connect, so while while both moderators and Local Guides are responding, they may not have notifications turned on to see the responses or may not be seeing the responses. I have, however, been seeing lots of posts about people want to connect offline, which is also nice. Connect is still rather new and the team is working on improvements and seeing which areas can be changed or adjusted to help with interactions. If there's something you would like to see posted from the team or features you find interesting, please do let us know. Thanks for posting and being so active as it sets a great example. 

Level 5

So @TraciC I receive no thanks for taking time sharing my thoughts ;(

I do appreciate your efforts but also one more thing kudoing a post from a Moderator will give a good imperission to the members and will show warm concern.

Level 5

See this post for example

WELCOME TO MOROCCO. MOROCCO

on pages three in the current Board of Traveler, the author did a great effort photos and information and finally zero response.

Level 5

See this post for example

WELCOME TO MOROCCO. MOROCCO

on pages three in the current Board of Traveler, the author did a great effort photos and information and finally zero response..