RatishNarayanan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Colombo Fort Photo Walk [Recap]

Well. where do i start. I had applied to host a meetup in Colombo, Srilanka where i was traveling for 4 days. Once my meetup got approved by the Google team, I went ahead marketing and promoting my meetup on all social media handles i was on like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp. This got me some awesome response with over 15 local guides rsvp's. I sent out 2 announcements to the attendees about the location, map, and other details also Vimukthi one of the local guide was kind enough to let me use his mobile number to be listed as a helpline number. 

Fast forward Meetup day, i arrived at the meetup location before time and was surprised to see 2 guides already there, we waited for 30 minutes for other guides to join and we had 2 more who came in so taking the total to 5 local guides. we came up with a route map to cover the Fort area and headed out. I was surprised to see the Old part of Colombo or then Ceylon which has so much history to it. Old colonial style buildings standing tall inspite the test of time and weather.  The Tuktuk ride was the best.

FormatFactoryIMG_2139 2.jpgIMG_0230.jpg

1jpeg.png 

We covered the Railway Station, Cargills Building, The Clock Tower, Port area, Main street, York street, post office and many more areas, here's a link to the album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmY4pZwYsjgr8cxG9

All in All was a great meetup with Srilanka local guides, this will always be a special meetup for the reason that these guys trusted a local guide who they never met and come join in for a meetup i did in their region. Very friendly and positive guides, big shoutout to them and Google for giving me this opportunity. Hit me up with questions or doubts if any.

To top it all we got featured by Google Local Guides and they tweeted us out :

https://twitter.com/i/moments/994964362271121409

Unknown.jpeg 

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Colombo Fort Photo Walk [Recap]

Hi @RatishNarayanan great job and well done.

Level 8

Thanks for sharing this recap, @RatishNarayanan 🙂 And thanks for visiting us. Hope to see you again soon!

Level 9

thank you @bdmafuz

Level 9

thank you for joining us @ThamaraKandabada hope to see you soon my friend