DavidTito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Clean The World How To My maps 2.0

Hello everyone as part of this year's introduction to #LocalGuides Clean The World 2.0 program @ErmesT  and myself decided to create education awareness on how to create a My map associated with the program,to help everyone around the World to share there great stories through video, photos, links, all under the one roof of My maps and understanding the same safe platform together. But please bear in mind that the video that I have made is only to implement local Guides to help them create their own My map.

Education awareness levels are as follows:

Basic level: the minimum set of information required for this project

- How to create and save a Mymap

- Adding a pin

- Adding photos to a pin

- sharing a Mymap

Intermediate levels: How to make Mymaps more powerful

- Working with the database, for managing the information that we want to add

- Customization of map elements

- Managing multiple layers

- inserting videos

- Adding polygons to the map

High Level: the power of My maps

A Challenge will be set

Completion of the  Basic level, Intermediate levels, High Level

- Presenting completed My map links  

- Creating a video experience

In this thread, I would like to hear your feedback and look forward to assisting you with your map in any way 

I hope you all enjoy my video

Perth WA, Australia
32 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Clean The World How To My maps 2.0

Thank you for sharing, @DavidTito 

This is clear enough for a start, and this post can be open for Q&A, if the LGs need more detail.

I have only one note:

I see that in your video you used the Database structure of LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld Mymaps

It is early now to talk about database, but in any case I would like to let you know that the reporting structure is a bit different.

DBstructure.JPG

I am posting the photo for the people to think about the structure of the data in MyMaps

Connect Moderator

@DavidTito , this is great! You put a lot work into making this instructional video for @ErmesT‘s Clean The World 2.0 idea. 

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for showing me this @DavidTito!

This is great, informative and I think your narration is spot on. 

Sharing your knowledge with the community is a great idea, and I'm sure many people will benefit from this. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@ErmesT  Yes I can see your view here and those topics came into my mind during my cast of this video,  And yes I think Q&A  should perhaps be part of each learning awareness level something along the lines of this.

LocalGuide present there:

Basic level: the minimum set of information required for this project

- How to create and save a Mymap

- Adding a pin

- Adding photos to a pin

- sharing a Mymap

-follow up Q&A

-Share their Basic level My map link 

And Table database index will be in the  intermediate level:

and this is great feedback, by the way, thank you

Level 8

@KarenVChin  Thank you yes, first-time video narration as well still a learning task for me and exciting, nervous, all at the same time.   thanks kindly

Level 8

@MortenSI  yes your right and the common ground among us as well I think,  I look forward to being supportive in this way.  

My maps should be something we all should be good at, I hope I can Help with that thank you @MortenSI  look forward to seeing you again soon 

Connect Moderator

Yup, I know @DavidTito that Database is in Lesson two, I was just concentrate on the information contained in the database 🙂

You did it well David.

The knoledge of MyMaps is very important @MortenSI , is a great tool that every Local guides can built for making a personal Map, and for sharing it.

Have you tried to transfer the information contained in a Mymaps to Google Earth? The result is simply amazing, you can literally fly, in High Resolution, from a place to another. Here an example: https://youtu.be/-gkKH-8a8Nw

All the background of the video is a programmed tour, built in Mymaps / transfered on Google Earth, exported as a MP4 video in 4K, and finally edited for creating the final movie. You should check Traci's photos at the end of the view. Priceless

Level 8

@ErmesT  the feedback from you helps me to have that third perspective, and I noticed you mentioned Google Earth   hehe we could make a level 4 My maps awareness  but the only problem is Connect platform won't run it because I can do My maps to Google  Earth, ok maybe they're not ready yet I'm jumping the gun oops lol

Connect Moderator

Fantastic work @DavidTito 

Really impressive. I really love to see your dedication for the project 

#Cleantheworld . I always admired and trying to learn by  @ErmesT sir and you. And I m feeling proud to be a small contributor and member of clean the world team.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge