ChanneLing's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

City Graffiti: Reykjavík, the Icelandic Pearl

As an amateur of street art, every time I travel to a new city, I always like to discover it by feet and try my luck to spot artworks in the streets. Some cities have graffiti gathering areas (as in my prior post: Graffiti Alley in Toronto, the best outdoor gallery), and some cities have street art festivals (as this one in Montreal: MURAL Festival, the Best Street Art Festival in Canada). However, not every city has theirs, but a sure thing is that most cities do have their own graffiti vibes. 

Today's location

Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. It's in the very west of the land.

Story behind the photos

I visited Iceland in the wintertime so undoubtedly, it was freezing. It wasn't too bad since I'm more a winter person and I love snow. However, the first few days I stayed in Reykjavík, the weather was just wicked. It was difficult for my friend and me to even stand straight because of the strong bitter wind. The snow was literally slapping our faces, and the wind was so strong that we felt like we're gonna be blown away. We rushed fast into a random shop before the worst thing could happen, and stayed there for a long while waiting till the storm ended. These photos were taken long after everything came back to peace.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_2721.jpg

DSC_2744.jpg

DSC_2748.jpg

DSC_2752.jpg

Caption: this photo was taken in Reykjavik, IcelandCaption: this photo was taken in Reykjavik, Iceland

DSC_2805.jpg

DSC_3613.jpg

DSC_3620.jpg

DSC_3744.jpg

DSC_3809.jpg

DSC_4068.jpg

DSC_4069.jpg

DSC_4071.jpg

DSC_4075.jpg

DSC_4081.jpg

Halló

Have you been to Iceland? What's your favourite winter graffiti?

A foodie, traveler, and street art amateur.
City Graffiti & Street Art.
Reykjavik, Islande
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Graffiti Collection: Reykjavík, the Icelandic heart

@ChanneLing like street art!! Very nice!!

Level 9

Re: Graffiti Collection: Reykjavík, the Icelandic heart

Hi @Male2019,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Former Google Contributor

Re: City Graffiti: Reykjavík, the Icelandic Pearl

Hey @ChanneLing,

Thank you for this amazing post.

Since you like the graffiti art, do you know that there are a few great posts here on Connect, where more amazing photos like yours are shared? Here are two of them - STREET ART WORLD and 5 Google Moderators share their favorite street art. Feel free to join the conversations there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hi @MashaPS,

Yes, I love street art!! Thanks for sharing these two articles with me, it's always great to know people who have the same passion as us! However it seems that the links aren't valid...? I don't know why but I couldn't open the webs.

Former Google Contributor

Oh @ChanneLing,

Thanks for following up with that.

The links are fixed and should work fine now.

Enjoy the threads!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thanks @MashaPS! It works now :D!

Level 8

Hi, @ChanneLing ,

It is a great summary in the topic, thank you so much.

My personal favorite is the "Don't Panic" picture, you made my day with it.

Level 9

Hi @MrP3t3r,

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the post :D!!

Level 9

Wow, those graffitis looks great, @ChanneLing .

In my opinion, that's a very suitable place to use as a photo background. Or just to take a selfie.. :))