ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Cities with a soundtrack - Share your Street Music

Street Music is an extra benefit, that you can have in many cities around the world.

Last Saturday I have been in Krakow, that is (my definition) a city with a soundtrack.

I was there for the European Meet-up, hosted by @TorM (a short preview is here).

Guitars, violins, classic and folk music, trumpets and an accordion, and much more that you will find in the video, are the musical instruments that accompany you in your walk on narrow the streets, or during your shopping on the street market.

An amazing experience that I want to share with you.

What about your city? Do you want to share your street music here? It will be beautiful to watch photos and videos taken by you

Caption - Folk music played in the street market - Krakow, PolandCaption - Folk music played in the street market - Krakow, Poland

Tell us your experience: Follow us on Local Guides Connect

57 comments
Level 5

Re: Cities with a soundtrack - Share you Street Music

Hello !

Great idea, hope many more can join ! I'm currently in Grenoble, French Alpes, and reggae/ska is quite popular.

Sinsemilia tout le bonheur du monde could be a nice choice for Grenoble !

Connect Moderator

Re: Cities with a soundtrack - Share you Street Music

Thank you @Ptitemathou, as we are Local Guides, we share our own content, according to the Five core vakval of Connect, that I think you should check before posting

I will be happy to watch a video, or the photos, taken by you

Ermes

Level 9

Re: Cities with a soundtrack - Share your Street Music

Wow wonderful street music @ErmesT I think u enjoyed alot in European meetup.. Thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Thank you @NirmalTeja

Meet-up was beautiful, an experience to repeat, in a city vibrant of music. I am happy that you enjoyed the video

Caption: Local Guides at European Meet-up 2018Caption: Local Guides at European Meet-up 2018

Connect Moderator

Nice video, @ErmesT! I found all of the music relaxing, the video effects helped with that ☺️

In Buenos Aires there are a lot of people who play on subway stations, and on subways and buses too. They play the instrumentals of famous songs, sing Bob Marley, and even rap their own songs, there's a lot of diversity. Unfortunately I didn't take a video of any yet, but I did take one in La Boca neighborhood in our meet up in Caminito.

They are playing murga, which is usual for them to play in the streets of La Boca and in the carnivals we have in February too.

Here's the video, I have to warn that the audio isn't good as the drums were too loud for my phone:

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing, @Jesi

Your video is very "energetic"

Nice to know also about the tradition.

I know that Buenos Aires is a wonderful place for street music, so you now have a good reason for taking a video and share it here

Ermes

Level 9

Nice video for street Music, thank you @ErmesT

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AbdullahAM

this is a good opportunity to walk around and take a video. It is a nice way to share something more of a country

Ermes

Level 10

@ErmesT I love street music and your video is nice.

I took following photos during the last year summit.