VBenedict's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Chrome is not responding!

I keep getting a message that "Chrome is not responding"  it locks up my phone and I am unable to do anything.

@BruceDM I consider this Urgent! Since the it is becoming more and more frequent and it looks like Google is either experiencing a Memory Leak or a DDos attack.  

I recently reported to @Atsukot a serious bug. This vulnerability has not been mitigated as of yet.

I do not believe that we should be reporting these issues publically given the state of things in the Internet. 

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Chrome is not responding!

@VBenedict another better place to seek help should be the official Chrome help forum here https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome

In the mean time where possible (can't say if the below it will help, but do proceed under your own responsibility)

> Update your phone to the latest firmware provided by your manufacturer

> Update Chrome to the latest version

> If your phone has very little free storage, try to clear some storage 

> If your phone has very little free RAM, try removing or disabling application that may take up a lot of RAM

> Clear your Chrome application cache

> etc

Level 8

Re: Chrome is not responding!

@StephenAbraham  Thank you Stephen.  I appreciate your response.

Will report to the product forum directly.  

I did provide detail feedback to Google and to Chrome. 

I do not believe that RAM, Disk space or CACHE has ever been my Problem.

Today I have at the very least 700GB (512GB Internal 256GB SD Card) of free space, 8GB of RAM (6GB of Free RAM at any given time).

Chrome History is cleared at least daily if not more.

All of my apps and the system are always up to date.

As I originally reported on this thread and have been reporting this whole year since I became a Connect member... many of these issues are the result of Google's migrations and upgrades; ocurring almost simultaneously with Connects upgrade.

That is, not to mention the recent significantly huge DDos attacks transpiring on the Net.

And BTW I do not use Wi-Fi ever.