Angy118's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Christmas in Rome

I can write a lot of words but I will never able to "explain" the magic of Rome. I hope to give you a "taste" of this magic through my pictures...

ColosseoColosseo

ColosseoColosseo

Piazza VeneziaPiazza Venezia

Tevere RiverTevere River

Piazza NavonaPiazza Navona

Some street in the centerSome street in the center

Some street in the centerSome street in the center

Piazza del PopoloPiazza del Popolo

Piazza del PopoloPiazza del Popolo
Villa PamphiliVilla Pamphili

Villa PamphiliVilla Pamphili

Rome, RM, Italia
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Christmas in Rome

Hey @Angy118 ,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos with us.

I feel really inspired only from seeing your pictures, however I would like to know a bit more about your experience capturing them. Sharing more information about the images you upload will help others to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!

Hi @Angy118,

Super nice professional photos! Thanks a lot for them!

Which camera did you use to take them? Did you use a special shutter speed for the photo of Piazza Venezia or you used an ND filter for it? What did you like the most there?

You gave us for sure a taste of these magical places. My favourite place in Rome is Piazza del Popolo because there is a huge park and the view from there is just amazing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @Angy118 ,

I love your photos, they reminded me of my stay in Rome a few years ago. This is a city where you can return many times and each time you will experience different things and see new places. It is amazing!

Please add your story to the pictures, I am eager to know how was your stay there.

Here is one of my favourite places there - the excavated heart of the Roman Empire, the Roman Forum, The view to the city was superb.

Caption: A photo of the Roman Forum (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the Roman Forum (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @Angy118 ,

Thank you for these breath taking pictures, sometimes a photo is worth a thousand words.

I've visited Rome several times, and now, through your photos, I had the feeling that I was there again. Walking from the Colosseo to the Vittoriale, having an ice cream in Piazza Navona and trying to find my way back to the hotel room via the beautiful streets full of shops and restaurants. Rome is simply magical!

I'm sharing with you a photo that I took last year from Rome. 

Caption: somewhere in Rome (Local Guide BorrisS)Caption: somewhere in Rome (Local Guide BorrisS)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks guys! 🙂 I try to reply all...

@PoliMC I used a Canon 1200D with a 15-85mm objective, for the photos did in the night, there was any filter and I use slow shutter speed (25-30 second) and of course very close aperture (f20-22) to be able to "capture" the light of the cars. For the others pictures did during the day i use a CLP filter to emphatize the sky and normal shutter speed and aperture (1/125 ; f7-8:) 

I'm from Rome but I live in the north of Italy, so during the holiday i often came back at "home" 🙂 

@BorrisS @MoniDi very great pictures 🙂

Hi @Angy118,

Thanks a lot for your reply and the clarifying about the specifications!

It's very nice that you used the CPL filter. Was it hard to take the photos in the night because of the lights? I've tried always to take photos in the night but they weren't that good quality.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Level 8

@PoliMC the most important thing that you need to do good photos in the night is the tripod and of course a good point of view 🙂 shortly:

1. Choose a good point on view

2. Mount the tripod on the ground 

3. Set slow shutter speed (20-30 second) and close aperture (f20-22), ISO at the lowest level available (400-800-1600max)

4. Put 2 second of delay on the shutter button to avoid any "movement" of the hand

5. Wait for the right moment to shoot 

If there are something move like cars you will have light stripes on the photo 🙂

@davidhyno Thanks a lot! 

Stunning photos, @Angy118! Thank you for sharing. Rome is indeed magical. How much time did you have to spend there? I remember I had only several days when I went there and I couldn't get enough of it.

To tell the truth, I liked Bari, Alberobello, Lecce and Matera even more. You can make the comparison once you visited both parts. My favourite Italian feature is that everything is always homemade with love and you can always sense that.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!