Mr_Hwang-Korean's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Chinese Korean food

In Korea we have Chinese food which is renovated for Koreans' flavor.

These are the most famous one.

Black one is Jjajangmyeon(짜장면) and the other is Jjambbong(짬뽕).

Be careful! Jjambbong is spicy!

Normally Korean eat Jjambbong(짬뽕) after drink alcohol 

and Jjajangmyeon(짜장면) has a sad story behind it.

Every year April 14th which is called 'Black day(블랙데이)'

Solo people(who doesn't have their boyfriend or girlfriend) gather together and eat it.

I ate it too........ 

Jjajangmyeon 짜장면Jjajangmyeon 짜장면Jjambbong 짬뽕Jjambbong 짬뽕

Share Korean to the World~
대한민국 경기도 의정부시 의정부2동 신흥로 199
7 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Chinese Korean food

Hello @Mr_Hwang-Korean,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos, between Jjajangmyeon and Jjambbong my choice is for sure goes to Jjambbong especially during winter time the soup is just perfect! 

I am from Indonesia and my favorite place to have Jjambbong is at Legend of Noodle located in South Jakarta. One day I would love to try it straight from Korea. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

@Mr_Hwang-Korean,

You are really good at taking appetizing pictures of my favorite Korean (in this case Korean/Chinese) dishes! ^^

I think it would be interesting for others to know about the custom of eating 짜장면 on "Black day", and what is the meaning behind it. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@LilyanaZ

That's awesome!!

Thanks for letting me know about it.

Level 8

@AngieYC

Thank you for letting me know about it.

I will visit there if I can go to your country to see my friends~

Google Moderator

Hello @Mr_Hwang-Korean,

Great, let me know when you decide to visit and I can give you some food recommendation on which foods you must try when visiting Indonesia. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Mr_Hwang-Korean! These dishes are really inviting!
I've never tasted the Korean cuisine, but now you've given me an idea: I like spicy dishes, so I would certainly taste a good Jjambbong!

Hope to see more photos from your country!!

Bye,

David

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for editing your post and including the information about Black day @Mr_Hwang-Korean. Additional information about such unique customs make your posts even more interesting. Other people always enjoy learning new things about the culture and traditions of a country. Keep up the great posts! ^^

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!