Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Checking the fact problem

Hello,

There is more than one week that I see nothing when I use "check the fact" although other users can see many new edits which needs verification and reviewing.

This problem also was happened previously for one day but this time it lasts too long.

Another problem is that when I use "check the fact" (if it be applicable) I should zoom a lot to see edits (under 30m) but for other users, they can see many edits even when all of the city is in the screen (even above 3km). I really don't know the reason and never saw another user with same problem!

So is there any help specially from Googlers? @BruceDM @DeniGu 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
44 comments
Level 10

Re: Checking the fact problem

@Amiran the check the facts location should show whether we are zoomed in or out in Maps. When we zoom out, we should see more locations for checking. On my phone it does take a bit of time for the data to load to appear. Personally I haven't seen an issue with this, can you try it on a PC or another phone to see if you have the same issue?

In the mean time, do update to the latest Maps app if you have not, and if problem persists, you can try to go to your phone settings, apps, Maps, and clear cache and see if that helps.

If nothing above improves the situation, let us know here again.

Level 10

Hello dear @StephenAbraham, Thanks for your kindly attention.

I've tried many methods but still no steady result.

I have this problem both on app and desktop. In last days I also tried to check the fact on other device rather than mine, but the problem exists.

Also I cleared the cache and tried again but still the problem exists. Also I cleared both cache and data and opened a fresh Google Maps App but the problem remains. Even I signed out of any Google products on any devices but still I see nothing 😕

This is not the only problem that I have. It is nearly one year that I can not see my edits history on any devices (app and desktop) and it's tab in my contribution is empty (It tells only contributions after 2016 will appear although I have tens of thousands of edits after that)! Moreover I never got milestone emails about my contributions (I described here)!!

Just imagine with how many limitations I'm trying to contribute but still there is no solution or accurate response in this case.

I appreciate if you can help to inform the team about these problems.

Level 10

Tagging 2 of our Google moderators.

@DeniGu @GeorgesHR if you could help us out here. Thanks.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Amiran,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you already check the facts for a lot of places?

My personal experience tells me that once the facts have been checked for a certain area for one Local Guide, he will not be able to check the facts for the same area again, since he already did that. So my guess is that you already went through a lot of places and not able to see them anymore.

In regards to the milestone emails, from time to time, selected Local Guides may receive certain emails. To be sure you receive emails intended for you, you may verify your email settings by visiting g.co/localguides. Be sure to keep an eye here on Connect as we often post the most important updates here.

By the way thanks for the tag @StephenAbraham. Are you not busy having fun?

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Thanks dear @GeorgesHR for your attention

Yes, I check the fact a lot. In fact every time I can, to keep map safe from spams and wrong info and to let correct information to be placed.

And yes, If user check the fact one "edit" he will not be able to see that edit again for checking the fact. In this situation he will see "Green Marker" instead of "Orange Marker". But for mine in these days I even can not see those checked green markers.

Also I mostly check the fact in Iran and because of vast area, every time there is something in somewhere to check. But these days I not only can not see any edits in Iran for checking, but also can not see edits in other parts of the world for example I tried US, Turkey, UAE, Japan. But no result and check the fact part is empty.

As details, (I'm not sure how it matters) The only difference is that in US the filters for "photo" and "address (about placing location in other place like a mall)" is available and in Turkey that "address" is available for checking the fact. But ordinary filters like "phone" "website" "name" "existence" and others are totally unavailable in allover the world. Specially my most knowledge is about Iran but exactly any filter of checking the fact is not available for me here.

And about milestone emails, I'm continuously check LGC for updates and also I receive news email about the program, but also personalized emails about contributions is something else and is kind of encouragement and insight. I know all my fellow community receive such emails from time to time but I never, never got such email from starting days of the program (3 years ago).

Also what about my edits history that it is also invisible?

Thanks

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Amiran,

Please share some screenshots so I can investigate further.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Thanks @GeorgesHR

This is the link of folder in my drive that I've uploaded screenshots there.

For example you see Vanak Square around (in screenshots) which is one of the crowded areas in city and every time there is some edits here. You can check it yourself: https://goo.gl/maps/Jbkjip9vNoC2 but I see nothing for checking the fact. Although this is not app issue but I should also remind that my App is always update and latest version.

I really appreciate your help

Level 10

Dear @Amiran

You always put your hand on problems 

As we are matching in our contribution way , yes dear I really face this problem 

When I check the fact I got nothing so I zoom in and out so it's appear or move the maps slight right or left to appear this on mobile .

On desktop the same plus for example I can see about 10 places to check but after checking 2 or 3 places the rest places disapperdis !!

This annoying me and actually reduced my contributions 

Me app. Is up too date 

Thanks for your time.

Level 10

Thank you dear @NABILazeez

Yes, We do mapping in same way for years and this is really nice and pleasure for me 🙂

I also think this is related to the numbers of "edits" and "check the facts" and maybe system can not handle it correctly. This is something like when we want to scroll down to load old photos and it is too slow when we've added many photos.

I've also played with the maps as you explained 😄 but these days even this action has no result and by each method "check the fact" is totally empty.

Sometimes my friend @SamanS laugh at me because of such many actions only to check some few edits 😄 But also because his edits increased, sometimes himself also face this kind of problems. Like what he expressed here and although no Googlers respond, the problem got resolved!

This situation is really annoying and yes, it cause to put less times on the map but on the other hand if experts like you leave the local control on the map, after sometimes we could face many wrong and spam information on the map and this is more annoying for us who thinks to a reliable map. So even by such problems keep contributing like the past and in every fields from good edits to photos, Map and us needs to you.