GerryW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Check the Facts - whats the point ?

Check the Facts - Whats the point - there are no points awarded for the work - or am I wrong ?
Check the Facts - what's the point ?Check the Facts - what's the point ?Are points awarded for verifying other people work ?Are points awarded for verifying other people work ?

Ireland
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Check the Facts - whats the point ?

I think so 

there is no points for facts 💔💔💔

Level 10

@JeslynL

What I would like would be to ask to verify edits made by others.

In Estepona there are a series of Murals put up by the Town Council.  One of these has the official name Mural Escudo de Estepona.  Someone has edited this to Wall Murals in Estepona.  Not even good English, as well as being inaccurate (it's just one mural). I am not being allowed to change this back - lost in the moderation queue I guess.

But as the person who has written most reviews of Estepona it would be good to be offered, in Check the Facts, recent edits to comment on.  🙂

Have a good weekend everyone!

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
Level 6

You can make amendments to some 'Check the Facts' Markers and earn the points!

Have another tab open in Google Maps, make the amendment in the normal way and you're sorted (big thumbs up)

Level 2

@GerryWVery interesting question! Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

@GerryW@KashifAhmedN@EsteponaJen@Martin2@Monte

Hey everyone! ICYMI: Some time ago, we announced new Local Guides levels and news ways of contributions that allow you to earn points. You'd be glad to know that now, for every fact checked, you earn one point. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.