BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Chatpate || a famous street food from Nepal

Chatpate is the very famous street food popular in Nepal. Different ingredients are mixed on a single pot and stirred to prepare it. The romantic part of it is that Chatpate is given in paper can and a bit hard paper is used as the spoon. Chatpate is the mixture of different tastes. We as a local guide while roaming around the places use to eat chatpate frequently as it activates our taste buds. The following video presents the making process :

Thank you so much for checking the post. Namaste!

Nepal
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Chatpate || a famous street food from Nepal

@BishowvijayaP Looks very interesting. Something I have to try when I get there. Are they always served in a paper cone? With the lemon juice and mustard oil, will the paper get quite soggy after some minutes, so we must eat this really quickly? 🙂

Level 9

i think nice taste it will be because of all ingredients , Thank you @BishowvijayaP sharing with us..

Level 10

in Bangladesh it's name "Jhalmuri" chatpati in there different food  @BishowvijayaP

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Namskar.. 

@BishowvijayaP

Nice to know This,

Sound like Mumbai's one of the famous Street chat Bhel...

Thanks for Shearing..

Level 10

Namskar

@StephenAbraham

Yes Sir .. you have to Eat quickly..

But

Once you start eating, then you can not stop eating .. very tempting Testy Chat it was..

Connect Moderator

Sound interesting and yummy, @BishowvijayaP, with several ingredients, starting from tomato, onion and potatoes, that are very common also in the Mediterranean food.

Is that paper made for making the paper cups?

The video of the preparation is nice.

Ermes

Level 9

We also have the same food called "Jhalmuri" ( in Bengali: ঝালমুড়ি), all most same ingredients except boiled potato, instead we use Chola (in Bengali: ছোলা ) also called Chickpiea. Thank you @BishowvijayaP

Level 10

Thanks @StephenAbraham. Yeah it is usually served in paper cone. They make the proportion perfect that the juice can't wet the paper. All the liquid is absorbed by Bhujiya (similar to corn-flex but of rice). 🙂

Level 10

Yeah! its really tasty @NirmalTeja bro. I think it is available there too. 🙂