aswin_jeno's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Changing boundary of an already existing area

Hello !

I have been trying to change the shape of a particular area in Google maps and I cannot find the option to do so.

The name of the area is Poompozhil Nagar, Avadi. 

The boundary of the area is wrong and I thought of editing it. And I couldn't do so.

Can anybody help me with that ?

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Changing boundary of an already existing area

Hi @aswin_jeno there is no way for a Local Guide to edit an area boundary. If you think this would be useful then suggest it over on Idea Exchange . Remember to search first, if someone else has already asked for it then vote on their post.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Level 10

Level 8

The above mentioned article describes only editing road segments. My question was "How to edit the boundary of a particular area which is incorrectly marked" ?

Level 10

Hi @aswin_jeno

In reference to similar question about boundary the Solution given in the following link,

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-do-I-report-a-problem-on-Google-Maps/m-...,

So you go through this and Report issue to Google Maps, through "Send Feedback" of Main Manu of Google Maps.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @aswin_jeno there is no way for a Local Guide to edit an area boundary. If you think this would be useful then suggest it over on Idea Exchange . Remember to search first, if someone else has already asked for it then vote on their post.

Regards Paul