PansiaSahab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Change the village name

My Actual village name is "Mattdadu". But Google map has shown it by the name 'Mattu Dadu'. 

Even I have reported so many times in Report problem or Send Feedback form from past 1 year.

But nothing improved.

Now let me know what else could be done to get it rectified.

Link:

Change it's name to Mattdadu

Mattu Dadu Haryana 125103 https://maps.google.com/?q=Mattu+Dadu%2C+Haryana+125103&ftid=0x3916c54b16f...

Proof of name can be located from the images of this school which is in Mattdadu Village.

1).  Government High School, Mattdadu Mattu Dadu, Haryana 125103 https://maps.google.com/?cid=79451243791...

2). Haryana E-Seva Kendra, Mattdadu Mattu Dadu, Haryana 125103 094163 29260 https://maps.google.com/?cid...

Mattu Dadu, Haryana, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Change the village name

Hi @PansiaSahab,

Please note that there are certain items in Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township. Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below:

• Find the location in question on the map;

Maps.png

• Click the hamburger icon ☰;

• Click Send feedback;

• Choose your relevant feedback.

By the way, I've moved your post to How-tos. Feel free to check it out.

Hope you will find this information useful. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hello @PansiaSahab,

I see that you have already attempted to submit feedback for this feature.  As you must have already noticed, there is no option within feedback to request changes to a political feature.  You thus must have put your feedback into a form meant to collect other data.  That will not result in it being fixed.

As mentioned by @FelipePK, Google is not currently accepting edits or additions for political features.  They are fairly confident in their current data, and due to the Maps maturity level for such data they unfortunately received too many bad edits compared to good edits when they did last accept such data.  I'm afraid you will not be able to report it.  You can use feedback to express that you would like to see the return of political editing, but from what Google has told us in the past this is a purposeful decision to not make it available.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hello

@Flash & @FelipePK,

Thanks for your responses, solutions provided by both you suggest that solution of changing the village name would be difficult. Now I can just request political edits to Google maps or keep on requesting for name change. I hope one day situation would be improvised.

But thanks alot for your supports.

If somehow you can escalate this issue to Google Maps Team, it would be more supportive to raise the issue. Thanks in advance.