AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Challenge: a scavenger hunt for Local Guides

Caption: A photo of a woman photographing temple with a camera phone. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of a woman photographing temple with a camera phone. (Getty Images)

May 24 is National Scavenger Hunt Day in the U.S., and we want to encourage Local Guides all around the world to celebrate. So, we’ve put together a little scavenger hunt just for you.

Below are five different ways we’re challenging you to share your local knowledge on Google Maps. So grab a friend and start exploring — the info you share will help others explore your city, too. You can even up the stakes by seeing who can finish the challenge first. Happy hunting!

1. Share photos of a local library on Google Maps that will inspire others to check out a book. Show us the stacks, reading rooms, and kid-friendly areas.

Caption: A photo of the interior of a library. (Local Guide Milkana Taleva)Caption: A photo of the interior of a library. (Local Guide Milkana Taleva)
  2. Use Check the facts on Google Maps to verify suggested information about three places in your neighborhood. Your local knowledge will tell others what places are really like.
    Caption: A photo of a phone showing the “Check the facts” feature.Caption: A photo of a phone showing the “Check the facts” feature.
    To enable this feature, make sure you have the latest version of the Google Maps app and are signed into your Google account.

3. Share photos of a place of worship, such as a temple, synagogue, mosque, or church, to Google Maps. Show us both the interior and exterior.

Caption: A photo of Chhatarpur temple in Delhi, India (Local Guide Abhishek Anand)Caption: A photo of Chhatarpur temple in Delhi, India (Local Guide Abhishek Anand)

4. Share a review of an art studio, gallery, or museum near you. Be sure to include information about admission costs, accessibility, and whether or not you’d recommend it to families with kids.  

Caption: Sculpture and paintings displayed at the Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Sangyeon Cho)Caption: Sculpture and paintings displayed at the Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Sangyeon Cho)
  5. Share a photo of your community center on Google Maps. Local Guides like you visit Connect to engage with others online, but we want to see where you go to connect with members of your community offline.

Caption: A photo of a public community center in Vancouver, BC. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of a public community center in Vancouver, BC. (Getty Images)

Are you up to the challenge? Tell us how many you were able to complete in the comments and show us on social media by tagging @LocalGuides and using #ScavengerHuntDay.

64 comments
Level 9

Re: Challenge: a scavenger hunt for Local Guides

Hello @AriMar

I love taking challenge.

I will soon come up with the result.

Sayonara

Level 10

Hi @AriMar

This is some kind of fun and informative challenge, and I am sure local guides would love to fulfill this requirements,

I will try my best to take this opportunity to share my local knowledge with everyone,

Let's start scavenger hunt.

Have a nice day

Level 10

Hi @AriMar 100% I will complete that

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 7

Wow !! 

Level 10

Challenge accepted. Try to contribute my best and inspire my community members too
Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Great idea @AriMar. Challenge accepted. Done as well. Here is my review and also my photo :).

" " Art GalleryIMG_20180524_191641.jpg

Review

Nike Art Gallery is indeed the home for arts and culture for any art lover or art enthusiast. The gallery itself is well stocked and pilled up with different arts, relics and artifacts. I was astounded and amazed at the works of various art works in the gallery. Indeed humans are really creative. You can see how the way of life, Living and Culture are been expressed through arts.

It is a great place for a family outing. Recommended for kids and groups as well.

No words can really described how how happy I am finding myself in such a beautiful place filled up with expressions of the way of life. The staffs were very friendly and polite.

We were assigned a tour guide who took us around the gallery. It comes with a fee though getting the tour guide to take you around showing you the art works in the gallery, telling you how they are been expressed in life etc. The guide was very helpful as she spent a good time explaining to us in a well detailed manner from various art works in the museum. I also love the fact that she engaged us in a Q&A section to confirm if we really do understand what she is saying and also to know if we could express some of the artworks in our own ideas without her first explaining.

If you don't want a guide you can move around the gallery and check the various artworks all by yourself, this option is free but as an explorer of art this won't be the best option to you as you would neither learn anything or anything new due to the fact that you don't have a guide with you expressing how some of the art works can be interpreted in real life. So I will definitely recommend you their guide so that they can take you on a tour.

Accessibility here is a tough one. People using wheelchair might not be able to explore the art works on the 1st & second floor but just the ground floor only.

There is no accessible lift or accessible means for wheelchair users to get to the upper floors so this will be a difficult one. I will recommend they provide easy accessibility so that wheelchair users can be able to explore all part of the gallery as well.

You will definitely seek all you find in here. Tons of artworks and painting. I love the way the artworks are arranged and how the gallery was set up. Great stuff. I love this place and I will definitely visit again.

Level 7

Challenge Accepted. 

I am visiting a temple this Saturday which is near to my place to click some lovely pictures and a 360 Video as well.. 

Stay tuned for some awesome pictures 🙂 

google-plus.pngtwitter.pnggoogle-maps.pnglinkedin.pnginstagram.png

Level 9

Challenge accepted @AriMar 🙂

Level 8

This is what I would love to do.

Challange accepted...