Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Chaharshanbeh Souri

Chaharshanbeh Souri

Wednesday's Souri, also celebrated on Wednesday and end of the year, is also one of the great Iranian Celebration that is held on the night of the last Wednesday of each year (Tuesday night), which is originally the first celebration before Nowruz . In general, the word "Wednesday Souri" is composed of two words "Wednesday" (one of the days of the week) and "Souri" meaning "celebration". Based on the ancient Iranian religion, on this day a great fire has flared up and continues until tomorrow morning when the sun rises. From the afternoon of Tuesday, when the fire turns on, people are flocking with it and repeat the phrase "I am yellowish from you, your redness from me"; it means purification and religious cleansing; on the other hand By saying this, the people want the fire to eliminate jaundice and their diseases, and give them redness, warmth, and a new force for the start of the New Year.

Kindle of fire is the fundamental element of the ceremony of Wednesday's Souri. In this celebration, across the country, three pillars of fire are set on the mark of the three great ancient Persians: 1- Pendar Nick=Good Thoughts, 2- Goftar Nick=Good Speech, 3- Kerdar Nick= Good Deeds, or seven pillars of fire, as the sign of the Seven Amshaspandans, and the people drink from them.

This year's celebration will be held on March 13

Chaharshanbeh SouriChaharshanbeh Souri

Best Regards
Rezgar

Iran
29 comments
Level 10

Re: Chaharshanbeh Souri

My Dear Friends @OSAMA @ErmesT @ValeriaA_   @Sagir @DavidTito  @SanyaOdare @Anonymous 
@Julien44 @NareshDarji @AlejandraMaria 

I hope to see you in next Chaharshanbe souri in Iran
Level 9

HI @Rezgar!

A very interesting Celebration of Iran. We don´t  stop learnign on connect 😉

Beautiful photos with fire. 

Enjoy next Tuesday night :))

Good Evening from the SOuth of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Thanks for your attention @AlejandraMaria

I would appreciate it if you also write something about your country's celebrations here.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

My Dear Friends @Polash0001 @Vinod-MP @Jagadeesh_Reddy @Anonymous @LaxmiG1 @SalmaanN @sahinekspres @Surendra @Anjan1 @LucioV

I hope to see you in next Chaharshanbe souri in Iran
Level 10

@Rezgar thanks for tagging me!

I love the photos and this celebration!

I really would love to take part, seems so wild, fun and traditional; it's something i did, without any secret meaning, during my childhood.

Thanks!!!

Level 10

You're welcome @LucioV

I hope to see you soon

Connect Moderator

It looks everything so beautiful @Rezgar, and very interesting.

What I really love in your photos are the smiling faces of the people.

It is so beautiful to see how much they are enjoing it.

And more, I am learning something new about your country every day, and I like what I'm learning.

Thanks for posting, and thanks for tagging me in here

Ermes

Level 10

You're welcome @ErmesT

I hope to see you soon in Iran

Level 7

Thank you @Rezgar for tagging me. It's great to see the photos. In India in our state we also celebrate fire during Holi, Indian festival.

We all called this as Chachar. Although this is a little bit different from us. But we also enjoy so much.

Here is some pictures of Chachar.

IMG_20180310_060752_117.jpg

Screenshot_2018-03-10-06-09-57.png

IMG_20180310_061030_207.jpg

I think all will like to see.