indahnuria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer -  Pinktober session with Google LGs

Caption : A poster depicting the event 'Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer with LGs @indahnuria @doc_dells and @arati as host and co-hostsCaption : A poster depicting the event 'Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer with LGs @indahnuria @doc_dells and @arati as host and co-hosts

Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer -  Pinktober session with Google LGs 

Hi everyone, 
Hope all is well, wherever you are!

October is here and as many of you know, this month of October has been special as we celebrate it as Breast Cancer awareness month. 

Nobody wants to have or be acquainted with cancer, including breast cancer, in their lives. But life can be so full of surprises! And one of them, unfortunately, can come in the form of breast cancer.

Many questions may rise as our lives are touched by breast cancer.

What do we have to do when we are diagnosed with breast cancer? Can we survive it? Where should I go and who should I consult? What kind of treatments that I have to take first?
What can we do to help those fighting breast cancer? As Local Guides, is there anything we can do to support? Can we, as the survivors of breast cancer, continue celebrating our lives in the aftermath? 

As a breast cancer survivor myself, I will once again host & briefly share my personal fight against breast cancer, in order to raise awareness about breast cancer. Together with our dearest doctor LG @doc_dells  , we will hear more beneficial information and some insights from medical point of views on the fight against breast cancer. Then LG @Arati from India will share her views on this issue as well.

🎀💝💖🎀
Join un on Google Meet on Friday, October 29th, 2021 at 8 PM Jakarta Time (UTC + 7) and let’s talk about breast cancer 

9:00 pm - Bali
6:30 pm - India
7:00pm - Bangladesh
6:00pm - Pakistan
2:00pm - Nigeria
1:00 pm - UK
3:00 pm - Ukraine
8:00 am - Michigan
9:00 pm - Malaysia

Please RSVP HERE
Here’s the Google Meet link:

Here’s the Google Photo link:

And you are of course jubilantly invited  to WEAR PINK 💖🎀🌸. Or anything in PINK 🎀
Get ready for some fun times and quizzes as well 💝🎉🎀
Hope to see you in this virtual meet up 💝

Let’s fight Breast Cancer TOGETHER

❤️ Stay safe, happy and healthy, everyone ❤️
Jakarta Timur, East Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer -  Pinktober session with Google LGs

Count me in teh @indahnuria.Done RSVP. 

See all of you there !

Level 10

Re: Celebrating Life, Surviving Breast Cancer -  Pinktober session with Google LGs

Connect Moderator

Very important subject @indahnuria to discuss.

Here in the US, not enough women talk about this or take the preventive measures (mammograms) either because of cost (no health insurance) or “don’t think this is going to happened to me.” However, when it does happen either to one’s self or you know a family member or friend, you become proactive and tell the world about self examinations and getting your mammogram!

In my family, I have 4 members on both sides of my father and mother who have had breast cancer and are survivors or going through treatment.

Also breast cancer can happen at any age, young and old (past 65). Be sure to get examined annual if you can! 

I wish I could join but your meetup time is too early for me. I hope you get lots of RSVPs for this very important Local Guides meetup with @doc_dells and @Arati 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

All the best for the meets-up sis @indahnuria . Nice topic. 

Connect Moderator

@indahnuria Thanks for sharing your personal journey and for setting this up! I have RSVP'd and will try my best to be there, internet willing! 🤗

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 7

All the best for the meet up Mbak @indahnuria and Mbak @doc_dells and @Arati 😍

Level 9

Seminar dengan agenda yang penting untuk diperhatikan. Lancar2 sampai hari H, Bu Indah.

Connect Moderator

makasiiih yaa teteeeh @Nyainurjanah .. see you sooon

Connect Moderator

Great initiative @indahnuria I would love to join this virtual meetup with my fellow Local Guides from Lahore (I m hosting a meetup in other Province Lahore "Punjab" , so maybe we will be together at that time. And will surely try to join for some minutes 🤩

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge