Richmond's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Carnival Calabar, Nigeria

That sounds great @FaridTDF!

No matter where you go, I like reading your stories. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

These are some of the pictures from the Carnival. The theme of the carnival for 2018 was "Africanism" - a celebration of Africa and Africanness. There were performances from various teams including the competing bands which consist Passion 4 Band, Masta Blasta Band, Freedom Band, Bayside Band, and Seagull Band, and the non-competing bands which comprise participants from about 30 out of the 36 States in Nigeria, local governments in the host State of Cross River States, as well as participants from various African countries and countries in Europe, South and North America. Carnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from the USA at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from the USA at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Ukraine at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Ukraine at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Turkey at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Turkey at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Passion 4 Band Contingents at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Passion 4 Band Contingents at the Street PartyOn our way to the Carnival Calabar 2018On our way to the Carnival Calabar 2018Carnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Mexico at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from Mexico at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the competing bands at the Street PartyCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the competing bands at the Street PartyArriving Calabar for Carnival Calabar 2018Arriving Calabar for Carnival Calabar 2018Carnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the cultural troupes during the cultural carnivalCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the cultural troupes during the cultural carnivalCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the local governments in Cross River State during the cultural carnivalCarnival Calabar 2018 - Contingents from one of the local governments in Cross River State during the cultural carnivalCarnival Calabar 2018 -  Masquerades from one of the local governments in Cross River State during the cultural carnivalCarnival Calabar 2018 - Masquerades from one of the local governments in Cross River State during the cultural carnival

Level 7

@MortenSI@FaridTDF,

Check out some of the pictures I have uploaded. Cheers.

Great photos @Richmond!

I would have loved to be there, it looks like so much fun. Everyone just seem like they are in a state of happiness. 

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Me encantan @Richmond, son muy coloridas y vivaces, se ve que la pasaron muy bien en esa fiesta de carnaval.

Farid.

Level 7

Sure @FaridTDF they did have a great time. It was all fun and so much more ...

Level 7

oh yes @MortenSI, it was all fun and so much more.

I know it is a long way from now @Richmond, but I really hope to see a post about this years event from you. It would be great to compare your photos from the two carnivals.