Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Cannot answer questions about places on Contribute tab

Hello Local Guides Connect,

I've been getting back into the habit of doing contributions for Google Maps, but one of those aspects have proven difficult. They are the answering of the simple yes/no questions for multiple places.

From the Contribute tab, by tapping the box "Answer questions about a place", the user would be able to answer multiple questions, normally based on the chronology from my location and search history and after answering all questions for one listing, it will move on to the next. But each time I tap that button, it will either load briefly or immediately give the "Whoops: The questions aren't ready yet, but check back soon to help others discover this place" error.

The oddity of this is that if I go into a Google Maps listing, it will prompt and show the "Know this place?" notification and from clicking OK, I will be able to answer the questions that I would expect from the Contribute tab and only for that business too.

I've included the short video above recorded from my Android phone above, but the issue also seems to replicate on other devices as well. I have uninstalled the updates on the phone and reinstalled them, also opting out of the beta and testing before re-opting back in to also no luck.

Based on the language of the app, it seems as it's only prompting questions as if you had navigated to a listing, but since the Contribute tab doesn't focus on a listing, it will show no questions. This is a strange occurrence that I've observed for over two months now.

Just wanted to report this as feedback and see whether or not others have had the same issue as well.