DanielRmrzSnz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Can we mix Local guides and Tourism ?

Yes I think the two go hand in glove. As a local guide I believe the information that we give must be good enough for any visitor to a place to want to get too, its proximity to general needs of a Tourist and Security as well.

@DanielR wrote:

Local guides help people to take decisions and find new spots, but how can we help tourist when they are visiting a new city? 

We could have some criteria that will help tourists and give them some guarantee that the place they are visiting is worthy!

What do you think about ?

Any Visitor to a New Place is a Tourist.

Level 7

Well , i'm a guide in Morocco and i saw that we have so much things to change in google maps and google addresses because lot of information are wrong , the google map and google addresses are used by tourists and as a real local guide i heard so much complains about the wrong information provided , that's why i decided to become 1 of google guides .

mixing google local guides and tourism is an excellent idea 

best regards 

Level 7

this is a great idea. Google is a great tool for this. stars & comments do a lot while photos provide you an feel about the location. But, still if there is an importance or priority ranking. i belive thats marvalouse. top map makers please take this up. 

Level 6

हम किसी भी स्थान और वहाँ के लोगों की संस्कृति के बारे में जानकारी तथा वहाँ के खाने और रहने की जानकारी देते हैं

@TraciC wrote:

@Tchoa@Ania Thanks for sharing the feedback which we'll share with the team! 

Level 8

Ya , Its a great thought, If somebody is in need, a local guide is responsible to help them out. Because he is the one who is more aware of the real situations of that region. I think we can include certain easy methods to contact the nearest local guide by  including their 'whatsaap' number or such social networking sites... good luck

@DanielR wrote:

Local guides help people to take decisions and find new spots, but how can we help tourist when they are visiting a new city? 

We could have some criteria that will help tourists and give them some guarantee that the place they are visiting is worthy!

Level 8

I agree and I think a WhatsApp number works better and faster and there should be a group of Google Guides on app.

Level 8

@Skham wrote:

I agree and I think a WhatsApp number works better and faster and there should be a group of Google Guides on app.

Thank you for your response.

Level 7

@TraciC wrote:

I think it's a great idea. I've seen some folks in various cities put together a My Map of Local Guides-approved places. 

For example, here's a crowdsourced burger map of NYC thanks to fellow Local Guides. If someone asks about burgers, we send them to that map. 

Now for city-specific items, here's another map I send to friends when they say, "I'm coming to NYC, what should I do?" It has different layers for different types of things (so less back and forth asking what they want to do) and even has a tab of vegan spots as recommended to me by other Local Guides. 

I wondering about the links,but I clicked the links above,but i found blank page without url address. can i have the reasons please Screenshot_2017-04-05-06-53-38.png

Level 9

How did you make your crowdsourced map? I'd like to make one for the Raleigh area.

Level 1

Yes actually  having google local guide through the use of map we can help anyone else any part in the world for tourism since the local guide within google map will allocates the security at the respective area with tourist attractions

@DanielR wrote: