AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Can we add Local Guides Volunteer work to LinkedIn Profile?

@TraciC I was updating my LinkedIn profile recently and I wanted to add the Local Guides Volunteer under the Volunteer Experience in the LinkedIn. Is it ok to add it? I have to select the organization as Google. Is it permitted to use Google name there? @LucioV @IlankovanT @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR What do you think?

Sri Lanka
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Can we add Local Guides Volunteer work to LinkedIn Profile?

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@TraciC I was updating my LinkedIn profile recently and I wanted to add the Local Guides Volunteer under the Volunteer Experience in the LinkedIn. Is it ok to add it? I have to select the organization as Google. Is it permitted to use Google name there? @LucioV @IlankovanT @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR What do you think?

On my LinkedIN profile I've added my activity as SVT photographer, at first i wrote Google as company, as you know, in LinkedIN you can enter whatever you want... but after some months I realized that this could be misleaded as i was working directly for Google, so I created a company page and I modified this information.

In volunteers activity you don't have to choose a company, but it's only a text description, so i think it's ok to mention Google Local Guides program.

Level 10

Yeah you asked a good question @AnuradhaP I remembered just recently as well when filling a US D-160 form a question like this was also asked. I wrote the places in which I have volunteered. Of course the section you are filling is a volunteer section. So I wrote the section as Local Guides Volunteer Program. So yes we can input it. It is okay to as well add it, it's part of the experiences as well 😊

Level 9

I think it's okay to add it ,  because we are volunteers with Goolge , I am volunteer for a big charity organization in Jordan and it's ok for the organization and me to say I am volunteer and participate on the organization activity , and you are not an ordinary volunteer @AnuradhaP 😊 😊😊 

Read the rules again , you don't said you work for Google , you volunteer and this is what we do ,

This is my opinion , Waiting Moderators to clarify this 😊😊

Thank you ...

Level 10

@LucioV @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR Thanks for your replies. Noe Google Local Guides is available as an organization. I selected that. 

Level 10

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@LucioV @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR Thanks for your replies. Noe Google Local Guides is available as an organization. I selected that. 

"Noe" stands for?

Connect Moderator

@AnuradhaP, I would proudly list all your Local Guides accomplishments - Community Moderator for your, certified SV Photographer, Summit 17 attendee on your Linkin Profile. The first two as volunteering and Summit 17 as a distinguished award - because only 150 Local Guides were chosen out of the X (I don't know the number - last year a 1,000 people applied for Summit 16) many Level 5 Local Guides who submitted a Summit 17 application.

All you have to include is the word "volunteer" with Google since we, Local Guides, are not employees of Google.  

Cheers,

Karen

PS: I thoroughly enjoyed reading your well-written post. I would also include your volunteer work for the Google Transit program too. 

Level 9

Hi @AnuradhaP as everyone has mentioned above, I would personally second to have it as "Volunteer experience" with a clear declaration of the fact that we are not employed by Google.

Level 10

Hi @AnuradhaP, I stumbled across your post as I was adding a Google Local Guides badge to my LinkedIn profile. You can follow this tutorial, and simply change the certification name to reflect Google Local Guides Volunteer. Hope this helps!

Level 7

@LucioV Noe stands for now