Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Can users add seasonal businesses?

Hi all, Recently question of one of my fellow community made doubt for me in this case.

If one business or a place in general (like a volunteer station) opens for a special days for example one month, or one season, then can users add them to the map? Or can add to the map and in closure time mark it as closed then for next year mark it as open?

Are these places count as temporary places (and then should not be added to the map)?

Dear @GusMoreira @BruceDM @Flash your help is appreciated

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Can users add seasonal businesses?

Hello,

Google's rules are that a seasonal store/event/place/etc. can be added to the map if it will reopen next year in the same place.  It should be marked Closed until the next season.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Google's rules are that a seasonal store/event/place/etc. can be added to the map if it will reopen next year in the same place.  It should be marked Closed until the next season.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Thanks a lot dear @Flash. Always the best exact answer 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 7

Can you add a checkbox which allow us to set the schedule when it will be open. For example, in my city (Campana) there is square where people burn a big dummy one time a year, each year. Regards.

Former Google Contributor

@germanguidini - Thank you for the feedback. We will share your suggestion with the appropriate teams to review for feasibility and/or possible implementation in future updates to Google Maps.

I am not available to respond on the weekend