HTGATUL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Can the Xiaomi be used for Google Street View?

Can the Xiaomi be used for Google Street View?

13 comments
Level 10

Re: Can the Xiaomi be used for Google Street View?

Sure! Although is not listed in the supported cameras, this means only that you cannot control directly from Street View App.

But you can always import panoramic photos you did with any camera, if the basic requirements are met: min 14 mpixels, max 72 mbytes.

You should transfer the panos to your smartphone/device where you run SV App, and click the import button, then you can upload to maps.

Level 5

23.8 Megapixels - 6912 x 3456 it have

@LucioV wrote:

Sure! Although is not listed in the supported cameras, this means only that you cannot control directly from Street View App.

But you can always import panoramic photos you did with any camera, if the basic requirements are met: min 14 mpixels, max 72 mbytes.

You should transfer the panos to your smartphone/device where you run SV App, and click the import button, then you can upload to maps.

Level 10

No problems at all.

The best way is to import the pano in SV App from the camera roll, blur, choose the right place, and publish 😉

Easy.

Level 9

The Xiaomi Mijia 360 is  the best 360 camera of this year, keep updated the camera firmware for new improved and more quality (raw, manual control, HDR, bullet time video, etc)

Greetings

Lord Alukard
Level 10

Dear @LucioV,

How a bout location of the place? does it imported too (with photo). I don't have one to test but i will buy one if it can 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Level 10

@AlexNam wrote:

Dear @LucioV,

How a bout location of the place? does it imported too (with photo). I don't have one to test but i will buy one if it can 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Hi @AlexNam sorry, I don't have direct experience with this camera, so I don't know (but I think the answer is no) if has got embedded GPS.

So you will have to use the smartphone localization capabilities.

But @StephenAbraham could help here.

Level 10

@AlexNam

You can turn on Geo tagging in the MiSphere app to tag the location together (via the Phone GPS receiver). The camera doesn't have GPS built in, as with most other consumer 360 cameras.

You can manually import the MiSphere 360 photos into StreetView app. Or you can just upload from Google Maps, either will work.

And important thing to note is that the MiSphere is not certified with StreetView, so you cannot directly use StreetView app to control the camera. If you want to have a SV certified camera, get the Ricoh Theta V or others. 

@LucioV Thanks for tagging me

Level 7

Anyone can post Samples link  ?

Level 9

I have a Xiaomi Mijia 360 and I am using it for SV. 

But as lot of guys said, you can't use the cam directly from SV app.

Save the pic on the phone and manually tag GPS, blur faces, tag location after importing in SV app. 

A bit pita I say. This a great cam and it's a shame that Google SV app don't recognize it