EugeneKostylev's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't add an event

As I'm trying to add an event,  it looks fine during the process and it also shows an event page at the end. But when I check the Contribution tab, it shows "not applied" and an event can't be found.

I have tried the same with a different account, but no luck.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-01 at 11.36.01.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-01 at 11.36.00.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-01 at 11.36.00 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-01 at 11.36.00 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-01 at 11.36.00 (3).jpeg

Gazprom Arena, Futbol'naya Alleya, Saint Petersburg, Russia
20 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Can't add an event

Hi @EugeneKostylev,

Thank you for your question.

Are the events added to your Google Calendar? You need to use your Google Calendar so that the event to appear on Google Maps.

Here in this article from Google Calendar Help Forum you may find more information and ask questions if you have more.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@MashaPS  I'm talking about Google Maps feature available on My Contribution tab, not the Google Calendar.

Former Google Contributor

I clearly understood you @EugeneKostylev.

This feature for now is available for small amount of users. We will provide you with more information as soon as we have any.

Thank you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@MashaPS so this feature isn't working yet? 😃

Connect Moderator

Did you mention you have more than one account in the Local Guides program @EugeneKostylev ?

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich did I? As you can see on the screenshot it's not a Local Guides, but usual Google account.

Btw, did you just liked completely irrelevant answer by @MashaPS? 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Just checking @EugeneKostylev 

What @MashaPS told you is correct, the event feature is not available in all areas - sometimes I have it here in Australia and sometimes I do not.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich but it has nothing to do with a Google Calendar 🙂

.. and it's not working even for this small amount of users.

Connect Moderator

When you add an event to Maps it does appear in your own calendar @EugeneKostylev