vvbellur's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can I share meet-up expenses with participants?

Can someone from Google please answer this?

I understand that "Google will not provide funding, collateral, or other types of incentives for these events(meet-up)." Now if i plan for a meet up and spend my money on printing their collaterals - stickers, educational flyer, so on:

1. Can i share this printing cost among participating local guides? 
    • For example: A sticker may cost 10 bucks, and during the event if a local guide wants a sticker, i can charge 10 bucks for it?
  2. Am i allowed to print a t-shirt with just the hashtag #LocalGuides for a meet-up? If yes, can I share the printing of these with the participants who would want a t-shirt? 
    • I know "that the Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials."  
    • Is the hashtag #LocalGuides a trademark?
    • I don't plan to use any official Google's brand identity. But would like to have a common t-shirt with something printed that says something about being a Local Guide. What are my options without infringing upon copyrights and trademarks?! 🙂

Please advice.

Thanks a ton!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I share meet-up expenses with participants?

Hello @vvbellur. Thanks for checking, we're always happy to answer your questions! 

I understand that "Google will not provide funding, collateral, or other types of incentives for these events(meet-up)." Now if i plan for a meet up and spend my money on printing their collaterals - stickers, educational flyer, so on:

• For example: A sticker may cost 10 bucks, and during the event if a local guide wants a sticker, i can charge 10 bucks for it?

Only if meet-up attendees are agreeable to chip in. Though I have to say that if it really costs 10 bucks for a sticker, it's time to engage another printer! 

Am i allowed to print a t-shirt with just the hashtag #LocalGuides for a meet-up? If yes, can I share the printing of these with the participants who would want a t-shirt? 
    • I know "that the Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials."  
    • I don't plan to use any official Google's brand identity. But would like to have a common t-shirt with something printed that says something about being a Local Guide. What are my options without infringing upon copyrights and trademarks?! 🙂

I recommend taking a look at the t-shirts from these communities to have a better idea: TorontoMymensinghBangladeshSlovakia and Comilla

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @vvbellur. Thanks for checking, we're always happy to answer your questions! 

Only if meet-up attendees are agreeable to chip in. Though I have to say that if it really costs 10 bucks for a sticker, it's time to engage another printer! 

Am i allowed to print a t-shirt with just the hashtag #LocalGuides for a meet-up? If yes, can I share the printing of these with the participants who would want a t-shirt? 

I recommend taking a look at the t-shirts from these communities to have a better idea: TorontoMymensinghBangladeshSlovakia and Comilla

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

@vvbellurfirst of all wish you a successful meetup. Next about it expense. In general the cost is taken by all attendee in that meet up.

as @JeslynL suggest you some LG as Bangladesh you can see how they create their own identity.

You can try like that and once again you have no guess who will come and who wont if its free for all.

And if Google found any intentional business in it that will make a negative effect for you in next.

Best of luck, if need any help feel free to contact.

Level 10

@vvbellur, Thank you for asking... You asked the very questions that were on my mind when I read that.

Level 10

Thank you @JeslynL for this insight. The Logo there Isn't very clear. Please, where can I get a clear logo?

Thank you. 

Level 8