غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

@Prashanthyadav Local Guides is a volunteer program, and contributors don't get paid for it. Once in a while, there could be some small perks given by Google, which is to help encourage Local Guides along the way, and is not taken as payment for activity. 

Level 6

No this is strictly for contributions and your not supposed to earn money or expect to. Even promoting of your other endeavors business wise can get you banned from this community. Think of it as community service as well as fun 🙂

Level 6

You can't sorry.

Level 6

No you cannot. Sorry.

Level 4

كيف يتم العمل وكسب المال

انا اعمل علي تحسين الخرائط

كيف يمكن الاستفاده ماديا من هذا العمل

شكرا لكم

Level 4

LG Money

Hello,

Sir/madam actually I want to know how can I earn money from LG as I reached Level 5. So please help me In this case.

Thank you

Suhel saifi

Former Google Contributor

Re: LG Money

Hi @chulbul325, this option is not available, but please check "Learn more about perks" which gives you a general overview about it. For specific perks, please keep an eye for the " News and Updates " and " General Discussion " board here in Connect and feel free to sign up to Local Guides Newsletter to receive latest informations about the program and its features.   Best of luck 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @chulbul325 This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.  Please be informed that there is no payment or being an LG is not job.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 10

Just adding few bytes of information.

There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Level 5

contributing on Google

there is any reward to contribute in google map ?if yes then what's it's criteria? if no then why shouldn't ?