غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: MONEEEY

Hi @Leojose0147

The big question here, is to recieve salary from WHOM?

Google will not pay us LGs.  We have to avoid conflict of interest.  

I really interest to know who will pay us salary without US breaking the LG Program Rules!!

Level 5
Level 5

Re: Payment To Local Guides

Level 2

I agree. I normally don't do things like this but for some reason it looks like a interesting hobby...lol

Level 2

Re: Money

It's funny because I never thought about being paid. But now I'm wondering....Yea! Why don't they pay us???? Lol lol lol lol Hopefully I'll get what I'm looking for....a interesting hobby.

Level 10

@YK1001 

"But once you take money from whoever might be offering them, then your violated the Local Guides Program Rules, such that your membership can be suspended."

Are you sure about that?  Google even has a page to hire Local Guide Trusted Pro 360 photographers https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/

Level 10

@LandSlider A problem with paying Local Guides is it would give people an incentive to spam and post junk content.

Level 8

@LocalGuideJon wrote:

@YK1001 

"But once you take money from whoever might be offering them, then your violated the Local Guides Program Rules, such that your membership can be suspended."

Are you sure about that?  Google even has a page to hire Local Guide Trusted Pro 360 photographers https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/

There are special mentions regarding how to conduct SVTP activities in an acceptable way to the Local Guides Program.

https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

Level 9

@LAZ I agree that there are many sides to Google and it can be viewed in many ways.  They are not going away and it is not a nonprofit, they do have a motivation that is profit and we have a choice to learn and participate or not. I chose to participate. I am amazed that Google can collect and manage information on companies worldwide that is truly amazing.  To see parts of the traffic and where it goes to is a view into people and life.  You or I will not change Googles values or direction. 

Level 10

@LandSlider just a small question, I totally agree with you that Google capitalizes with our input. The quality of the maps wouldn't be as compared to what is today with other maps such as bing map and the OpenStreetMap. But this is a purely interest-based program. if you want you can join no one compelled you to join. When you join yourself (Volunteer) you cant demand for a payout from Google for the work you have done. 

To support our work Google gives out perks which might motivate you to contribute further. Some best perks to people in India was Ola Select membership which gave you all the prime cars at mini/micro rate. This might, in turn, save you a lot of money spent on peak hour pricing too. OYO Rooms perk which gave straight 30% off or buy 2 get 2 free. Google Play Music subscription worth 3 months (99*3) worth 397 INR. Google Play Movies 75% off on any movies rental.

As of my knowledge perks to other regions include, LG's in the USA got NYTimes subscription, LG's in Indonesia got food delivery discounts. No such program in the world takes top 150 LG's and offer them a fully funded tour for the SUMMIT. which usually takes place in October in Sans Francisco in Google Campus. 

As an LG you don't work full time. Neither on a schedule or on a timetable to contribute as your regular day job. It's only your free time that your spending so that you can enrich the community in your area. Think in this way Stackoverflow or Reddit or Quora these are the best communities available online where one can teach or give it back to the internet. None of them pay too not even in the form of perks. What do you call them?

See my another post which spoke a lot of awarding the LG's and how Google maps make money out of the community's contributions.  In that post, I expressed that Awards could be given for the LG who has crossed 1M, 10M etc much similar to Youtube Play buttons for crossing 1M+ or 10M+ subscribers.

If your so much interested google has an SVTP program where you can enroll and make money out of it, Your allowed to charge on your own basis. Google doesn't have any control of what you should charge.

@davidcox see I have seen many friends who joined unknowingly and when you join the community your awarded Level 1 badge. that doesn't mean everyone is contributing and think about the daily spam generated. a lot just post spam images or create duplicate places just for the points. Just a small study if the community moderators could post who were active in the last 30 days or the statics of the total number of LG vs the total active LG that might have a point.

@LAZ you can demand more perks no one in the community is going to deny that,  Sponsoring 150 LG's isn't a simple task. Don't claim it hasn't done anything so far.  Do you take Uber riders everything in this world is turning towards gamification? Don't you agree it an Uber driver rating you based on which you are allocated cabs next time! Google is just using a similar gamification your wish to be on it or move out. When you agree on "Like" in facebook why not a "Kudo" in localguidesconnect? 

Level 2

@aashishvanand

Yes it’s perfectly clear that one joins on their own free will. 🙂

There are varying reasons for that. Some that LAZ mentions I totally agree with.

The main reason I brought this topic up is regarding the avarice of Google. LAZ hits on point with this. They game people at virtually no cost, and Google profits from this is huge. They way they do it as well is so trite. 

They use little silly badge and rating ploys that cost them absolutely nothing and are only psychological virtual plugs for its participants. Virtual reality.  Percs like coupon discounts and trial subscriptions are promo for the companies offering them. Coupons!? How many hours of time does one have to put in to acquire a coupon? LMAO. Perhaps those companies also pay an advert fee to Google to do such as well? 

Why not kudos? :))  Then why not a dislike button?  

Why not, is because it is a mind game as @LAZ points out. It’s the same psychology behind advertising, propaganda and social manipulation by media. 

You are a hardworking person I am sure. What has driven you to reach Level 9? How long did that take if you were to put that into hours?

At at the end of the day. What does an internet badge, kudo, or increased LG level do for you? 🙂 Sincerely, what does it provide you in return for that time? Are those coupons really so much worth the motivation? If so, ok.

BTW A limited subscription for The Times? 🙂  The Times is a company seriously in need of customers as print papers are dwindling. Plus, one can get a trial online without Google. See what I’m getting at?

I guess if I were actually working for Google, then it may make sense politically to put in the time for a Level 9 LG.  Kudos to you! How much longer till you reach 10? **####**, you should get something massive!  LOL

Someone mentioned here that one can acquire work with 360 photos. I researched it. If I am correct. One must first provide a large inventory of freebies to Google first to be put into a position for “potential” work. “Potential” work from a local business that is. 

To add to this discussion. If moderators are getting paid it is most likely they are going to always defend the boss. 

LG, is not for me for many reasons. Corporate capitalistic gaming of people is not cool. It’s disrespect. 

I sincerely thank everyone for sharing their view to my query.