غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Rif.: Can I earn money from local guide program ?

(the offer has expired and is no longer available).

Hi @mppblt1997

The only benefits (from level 4) that Google offers for now is 3 months of free music on Google Play and 75% off on Google Play movies. I recommend you check the open forum discussions for the next time because the question has already been asked by other users

SAL_B Italy
Level 9

Hello @mppblt1997,

In addition to information provided by @SAL_B I want to add more. 

Local Guides program is for individuals who contribute to Google Maps and like to help others to discover and explore their world. Local Guides receive benefits depending on their level which depends on the number of contributions they make to Google Maps. 

@UrbanHomeless there is no storage offer available. 

@YK1001

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic There was that storage offer indeed, but at this moment is not avaible anymore.

It was avaible in some countries for Local Guides who reached at least Level 4.

The reward was 100GB Google Drive storage for a year.

Google Drive Storage.JPG

Now is avaible a different reward.  Local Guides who have reached Level 4 and beyond by August 31, 2017 can get 3 months of Google Play ...

@mppblt1997I highly recommend reading this post.

It should be borne in mind that the prizes change over time and vary by country.

But the most important thing it´s to enjoy being a Local Guide. It´s like a hobbie.

Regards

Level 8

Hi @UrbanHomeless,

When we talk about the availability of benefits, we need to be aware of the details:

1. Eligibility to earn the Benefit

- Like the 100GB Drive benefit, it is only for LGs reached Level 4 before Mar 17, 2017.

2.  Redemption Window

- Like the 100GB Drive benefit, we must claim the benefit within 30 days upon reaching Level 4

3.  Expiry of the Benefit

- Like the 100GB Drive benefit, it will expire 1 year after it is claimed.

Please see this announcement about the ending of the Drive promotion for more details.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Drive-Storage-Promotion-Ending/m-p/1...

Level 7

@YK1001   I don´t understand the purpose of your post. 

We both agree. What you are explainning me is exactly what I have just explained above. 

I have just written that the 100GB benefit  was available (it was, it was, it was, it was, it was... past simple not present).

I have also  said that the 100GB storage lasts a year. I have uploaded a picture of my  Google Drive account which shows that (as you can see my storage expires on 29th january 2018, it is not a eternal benefit, just a year, as I said - and as you have repeated).

Please, are we going to be repeating the same things over and over again?

Repetition is unnecessary, it is annoying and extremely boring (and pedantic too, by the way).

I am new at Local Connect Forums. I was trying to help another user with true information and my experience as LG.

But I have been said that I was wrong because the storage benefit didn´t exist.

Ok, no problem, I explained to this user  that I am not wrong. The benefit of the 100GB was available. It existed, etc, I posted a picture, etc.

And now you write me a long post simulating to explain to me exactly what I have just wrote.

Why? This is crazy. It is almost offensive.

By the way, as you like so much the "details" I'll remind you another one you´ve forgot in your list:

4.- Benefits are not identical worldwide. They are not available in all countries.

Good bye. 

I´m leaving the Forums to not come back. What a waste of time.

Please people! a big Kudo for @YK1001 

Level 9

@FullLocalGuide wrote:

@YK1001   I don´t understand the purpose of your post. 

We both agree. What you are explainning me is exactly what I have just explained above. 

I have just written that the 100GB benefit  was available (it was, it was, it was, it was, it was... past simple not present).

I have also  said that the 100GB storage lasts a year. I have uploaded a picture of my  Google Drive account which shows that (as you can see my storage expires on 29th january 2018, it is not a eternal benefit, just a year, as I said - and as you have repeated).

Please, are we going to be repeating the same things over and over again?

Repetition is unnecessary, it is annoying and extremely boring (and pedantic too, by the way).

I am new at Local Connect Forums. I was trying to help another user with true information and my experience as LG.

But I have been said that I was wrong because the storage benefit didn´t exist.

Ok, no problem, I explained to this user  that I am not wrong. The benefit of the 100GB was available. It existed, etc, I posted a picture, etc.

And now you write me a long post simulating to explain to me exactly what I have just wrote.

Why? This is crazy. It is almost offensive.

By the way, as you like so much the "details" I'll remind you another one you´ve forgot in your list:

4.- Benefits are not identical worldwide. They are not available in all countries.

Good bye. 

I´m leaving the Forums to not come back. What a waste of time.

Please people! a big Kudo for @YK1001 

@UrbanHomeless 

Plz do not use words which are not good for others. First of all plz check the question and understand fully what's inside it. 

Level 9

Re: Can I earn money from local guide program ?

@UrbanHomeless,

Here is the purpose of @YK1001's post,

When you reply to a newbie try to mention all details such as expiry date/last redemption date or a link which can explain better. 

Coming on your reply: in this question a local guide ask "being a local guide can I earn money"?

for answer plz refer to mine complete and yours half reply.

I do not understand why you add drive storage offer information here? 

Level 8

Hi @UrbanHomeless,

I am not intended to offend you.

Based on your words

It is not paid with money but if you contribute a lot, you can receive some kind of reward as a subscription to Google Music for a few months or 100GB for Google Drive during a year ... but you have to like this because those prizes are fine but there is not money or salary

As my English is not as good, so I mistook the "can receive … 100GB" as still possible.

I do not mention if there is any Perks available at this Moment, but it is still good to know not every benefit is available for everyone everywhere.

Thank you.

Connect Moderator

Hi @mppblt1997 there is a separate related program to Local Guides where you can build a business called Street View Trusted Photographer.

To find out more information about SVT have a look at both Google My Business and Street View Trusted photographer to get more information. Note you need to keep your business and Local Guides separate to stay within the rules.

Regards Paul

Level 2

@FullLocalGuide wrote:

No at all. This work is done for pleasure, altruism, meeting people...

It is not paid with money but if you contribute a lot, you can receive some kind of reward as a subscription to Google Music for a few months or 100GB for Google Drive during a year ... but you have to like this because those prizes are fine but there is not money or salary.

Solo google , gana con esto